Would you date someone who is friends with people they have hooked up with?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Maybe
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a huge red flag for sure. I'd definitely ask my boyfriend for details like how long ago they broke up, what went wrong in the relationship, and why he and her were willing to stay friends. I'd also watch them pretty closely to see if they act more like "bros" or lovers. There's an impression I usually get when I see ex lovers who are still extremely close, it's like they've taken everything off the table except for the sex (for the time being).

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how they talk about the past. For example I’ve had sex with a friend of mine that I still regularly see when I talk about her I explain 3 things 1. how we ended up having sex (post breakup and drunk) 2. I explain that I did do it twice but the second time was more about confirming that the first time was as negative of an experience as I thought and not just because of alcohol 3. I explain why I’m still her friend. Most people by the third point get that there’s no threat to our relationship coming from this person. On the other hand I’ve had more than a few boyfriends reluctantly become my friend because they know that for some reason their girlfriend wants me around even though I’m straight and not interested in them. So it may not work as well if you still seem like you have feelings for them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Possibly it would depend on the situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • that is a good Q
    of course, I would guard against them doing IT again, so tempting when other options/doors close on them, so C = maybe
    at least it proves there's no harsh emotional fighting that goes on after the sex is dead

0|0
    0|0
  • Not that's awkward. I would feel uncomfortable with them being around each other knowing there use to be sexual tension between the two or that one one or the other may still have something for each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually on the side of trying to stay friendly with my exes although there is always a clear boundary. So honestly this wouldn't be a big deal for me unless they're best friends or do inappropriate things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date someone who doesn't have a habit of hooking up and is all about serious relationships

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, but it would most likely be a source of conflict. It would depend on the exact circumstances and how he handled the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd consider it depending on the situation, if it was a friends with benefits type thing and they had no feelings then yes, but if they were dating or anything then possibly no

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how their relationship is now. If they are just friends who had dated for a bit as kids, I don't mind. If they have too much sexual tension I'd rather not be in the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've actually become friends with a couple girls my boyfriend has hooked up with before me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. That’s scariness

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    I want a virgin.

1|1
    1|0
  • I really don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • No l wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • Nahhh

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not

0|0
    0|0
  • If she is still very much involved in his life... e. g. best friends... never. Was in a similar situation before and the girl was not over the guy who was pursuing me... caused so many trust issues, as he showed he wouldn't let her go despite how irrational she was with him.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Each to their own it is not a situation I'd place myself in, I feel the amount of unnecessary worry is not beneficial to anyone
    I tend to voice my opinions, and in my current relationship it is a valuable thing I've learnt to treasure as we both connect very well, if I were in a situation like this where my partner was close friends with ex's or otherwise, my opinions would only cause issues

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if a former lover is in their life that is just drama I have no interest in. There are too many awesome women out there to date that don't have these undesired situations in their lives that I'd just move on to someone I'd prefer more.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you see them out and about, no harm in a quick hello and 2 minute chat.
    As for keeping them as friends, they're ex's for a reason, and they take up time you can spend looking/being with better

0|0
    0|0
  • I would feel uncomfortable personally. The thing is, there will always be lingering thoughts that they could get back together, that she'll compare me to that guy, etc that with them still being close would spark some insecurities and variables that relationships not involving that as a factor are easier for me to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd try to see past it, but it'd be insanely difficult if she lost her virginity to one of them. (Or simply had sex with at all with any of them.) Virginity isn't an absolute must, but one of my biggest wants.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would have to be a unique situation. If it was an ex boyfriend or husband maybe. Ex hook up? No way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say no because if they are still friends, there is a chance there is still something going on between them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No could never do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not a fucking chance.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends

0|0
    0|0
  • I think exes can be cordial and friendly (but NOT best friends) if their relationship just ran its course or something. However if there was cheating or abuse involved than that's a different story. I say this because I have one ex I miss immensely as a friend. There was no cheating or abuse in our relationship but the timing was right for us to be together.

1|0
    0|0
    • So what happened? 🤔 I need to know the end of the story...

• @Poppykate we talked about it on a different post already. I admit I was very hung up on her :(

• Ohhh... cuddles 🤗

Recommended myTakes