Is it bad if I want my ideal partner to have a college degree?

Do you have any list of requirements your ideal partner would meet? I know sometimes we end up falling in love with people we didn't know we would.

929

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's bad to have an idea of what you want, but I also think it's important to be flexible on things that aren't absolutely critical to you. It's very unlikely that you will find a perfect partner and it would be a shame to pass up a chance with a very good partner because they don't meet some less important criteria that you might have.

I personally think that what matters most is openness, honesty, and being able to compromise on things you don't agree on, plus of course feeling a mutual attraction to each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's bad, you're allowed to have your own standards for what you want in a partner. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't mind if my boyfriend doesn't have a college degree as long as he is motivated and has a good job, but that's just me.