Blast to the past. How to ask out a girl you knew as far back as kindergarden?

So I know this girl she has always kinda been in a different league then me. Granted it was probably a self imposed gap but still. At this point in my life I have far more confidence then I did for the 13 years I knew her. The only thing is well she knew back then for 13 years we took the same classes. Back then I was obnoxiouse and a bit of an idiot. I know I have changed a lot but she doesn't. I am pretty sure I already know the answer you all will give but that being said what does everyone think about how I should approach this situation?

10