Guys, assuming you are looking for a long-term relationship, how many previous partners is a red flag when meeting a girl who is in her early 20's?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless you're getting a new partner every day or week (and even then) it wouldn't really matter to me how many partners you've had. Maybe you enjoy casual relationships or sex, and that's fine. As long as we're on the same page and we both want a long-term relationship between us, then that's all that really matters. I personally haven't had any previous partners, but I'm won't be intimidated if you've had plenty. My only concern would be if you've contracted anything if you're into casual sex, but that's about it. You're past partners don't affect me, and they don't affect how i see you

• Personally, I've only had one. However, I am afraid that if I add to "my number" with a guy I'm serious about, that only guys who have slept around will want me if it doesn't work out again. Used to believe that I'd be a virgin until marriage... have a hard time letting go the idea I guess.

• I'm sorry that happened to you. Having sex may have been a factor in his change, but i also think that there was more at play. I believe God does value virtue as well, and I believe you still are virtuous. There's something to be said in the fact that you believed in the love you had with the other individual. As long as we do what we do out of love, then there is dignity and virtue in it. Now you're not acting out of love, but out if fear. Honestly if this current relationship doesn't work out, trust that a man will come and that, just like God, what you've done in the past won't affect how much he loves you. Only what you do in the now, and why should affect an individual's thoughts and perception of you. And no matter what God will always love you, no matter what decision you make

• Thank you for your words, I needed to hear that. I agree, its out of fear and paranoia because it's not what I originally intended. I just have to have faith in others, like I do in God. Thank you again.