Why doesn’t my boyfriend do this?

I have a boyfriend of 3 months now, and we are very happy and we love each other and trust each other and whatnot. But a few things bother me.. for example, I will bring up about how I want flowers all the time. He will say ok or just change the subject. I have asked him about it and he just says to everything “I didn’t know it was a big deal” and it really annoys me. I have a close guy friend who is also friends with my boyfriend and I have asked him about it and still nothing.. Besides that fact I have friends who post about their girlfriend online just saying how much they love them and whatever, but mine never does that unless it’s for homecoming or something big like that. Or unless I ask him. What is up? Please help I have talked to him about it..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Flower bouquets last for short period of time and might be expensive especially if you want new ones every day, males think flower bouquets are useless and are not worth it but they are bought for a female on special occasions as a present. Also, buying flower bouquet makes the flower vendor kill more plant just for a human's pleasure.

0|0
    0|0
    • Even on special occasions I get none. Plus they are not expensive, I am not looking for them every day or a big bouquet. But when I have to ask him multiple times, it’s kind of lousy to keep asking if nothing works. Single roses are only a dollar at the store so they are very affordable

• Show All
    • I remind him a lot. He just ignores the fact and I don’t know why

• Ask the fuck outta him until he explains why

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's fine if he doesn't put his love for you on display on social media like some of the other guys do - he might just not be that type of person. However, the flowers thing could be more serious, mainly because you've asked him about it, and he's been dismissive.

Instead of calling him out for still not getting you flowers, have you tried talking to him about why it would mean a lot to you if he did, why he still hasn't, and how it makes you feel that he disregards your requests?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I have told him it would mean a lot to me and it would make my day and stuff. I just feel like if I literally have to ask him multiple times, it’s not worth it. I just don’t know why he hasn’t.

• Only he will know the answer to that, unfortunately.

He might just keep forgetting, might think it's too expensive (don't know your/his financial situation at all), or he's disregarding your feelings.

Regardless, if this is important to you, I'd let him know how you feel, and if nothing changes, it's up to you how you want to move forward.

Maybe it'll happen one day and be even bigger of a surprise!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Stop placing expectations or there and then getting upset when he doesn't do this or act that way. You're just setting him up for failure in your own mind. a lot of guys don't want to spend money on flowers that die in a few days. They are relatively expensive for something so perishable. Maybe he rather spend his money on time spent with you or in other ways. Focus on what HE does do for you instead of comparing him to all these standards in your head.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, slow down and pump the breaks. Some guys just don't do that no matter how many hints you drop on him or how many times you tell him. And, this seems to be the case in your particular situation. Let him go, there are many guys who would love to buy you flowers just because. Don't waste your time trying to turn the wrong guy in to the right guy. It NEVER works.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't listen to these nuts they well steer u wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Not every guys is the same and wouldn't it be meaningless if you have to tell him to get you flowers or ask him to to stuff for you

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He might not have money

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes