Do guys have a problem with a girl who is studious and doing PhD?

I am from an orthodox family and is studious. I always end up attracting wrong guys. People see me as the soft caring girl they only know that I am studious and call me innocent... I am sick of hearing that they 'like' me from wrong people... I can't give myself a chance to be in a good relationship... All I'm looking for decent brains so that they don't feel inferior.. I am kind of sick of being treated like this... I dont want to hear from guys u look cute and innocent. I feel embarrassed and the conversation becomes boring... I have no idea how to deal with this... I dont understand why its so difficult to find one with the common ground...

419

Most Helpful Guy

• Many guys don't.. but many guys do. Very intelligent/hard-working women are empowered, generally confident and independent. They have strong career prospects and don't need a guy for financial stability. Guys can find that very intimidating (and feel like they aren't 'needed') - just as women can find large, strong men intimidating. Sounds like you're just meeting guys who intellectually aren't on your level at all. Don't settle if the brains don't match for sure. Class? Library? Maybe guys where you're studying?

Most Helpful Girl

• Who cares if a guy likes / dislikes the fact that you're studious?

Be studious. Be studious all day. Be so studious that you're leagues smarter than all the guys who would be turned off by such an awesome trait. You'll find someone who's worth your time.