What do you think of someone who dates you based on your career or social status?

For example if you were a doctor, cardiologist

I read this on a forum somewhere

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't like it. For it to be the SOLE reason to date me is not a good reason to date me. You should date me because you like me as a person and that you feel you could enjoy the rest of your life with me. Caring what society thinks about a type or certain person is usually what gets you in trouble. You can like me if I am a doctor (or whatever career I have), but don't make it the sole reason why you like me. Otherwise, you might as well be okay with the other superficial feelings people have about each other (physical traits, their financial status, etc).

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she's educated and wants to find someone who is on her level. What's the difference between this and a guy with money demanding a hot chick? Could we reverse the question and say "what do you think of someone who dated you based on your looks?" Which is like hello 98.9% of men out there... sounds hypocritical. Women can't go for money but men can go for looks because they're "visual" creatures? Wel women are "monetary" creatures😊

0|0
    0|3
    • That's all bullshit actually!

• Show All
    • *opinion owner 😁

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• So you judge people's "level" based on their career? This is what's wrong with the world lol. And no I've dated women that I don't find physically attractive just because they had the courage to ask me out. So I do not judge others based on appearance always.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's no secret that successful men attract women, but dating someone because of that is the wrong priority to me. I'm fairly successful and if I ever catch that attitude I'm done.

0|2
    0|0
  • When I meet people, I wait as long as possible to tell them what I do for a living. Basically, they have to ask to find out. There's a reason for that.

0|0
    1|0
  • If they base their decision on theor career or social status is not because they care about that person but rather because they want to obtain something from them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only seen that with women. I could care less what she does as long as three criteria are met :
    1. Nothing involving sex or is illegal
    2. Can at least support herself
    3. Enjoys what she does

0|0
    1|0
  • They are unappealing because I'd want to be liked for personality/attraction instead of wealth.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think they're an idiot. I'm retired, living on a pension.

1|0
    1|0
  • I do not date, but I have had women like 'being' with me b/c of the experiences I can show them

0|0
    0|0
  • Narrsasist and a gold digger would be my first thought.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think money matters more to her than a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a good thing but that's the world these days
    And mostly women are the one who does this

0|0
    0|0
  • Successful men should avoid them like the plague.

0|2
    0|0
  • Parasitic human filth

0|1
    0|0
  • They're probably a woman

1|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn't date her. I would hate her

0|2
    0|0
  • Shallow as f

0|1
    0|0
  • She's trying to marry my pay check, LOL!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not someone I'd really care to date anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means she's a GOLD DIGGER

0|0
    1|0
  • isn't that like 90% of girls?

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Pretty easy to spot from the get-go, and I have no interest in dating someone like that.
    Mostly because it shows me that they lack ambition (or they have the wrong kind of ambition), and that's a pretty unattractive quality.

0|0
    0|0
  • They want to date someone with moneyyyy and who is known by many people

0|0
    0|0
  • Every girl love doctors.. Soo

0|0
    0|0
  • Just after money

0|0
    0|0
  • What if they have a really honorable job like teacher or librarian?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes