My ex said I’ll never find a good-quality guy who will wait to get into a relationship before having sex. Is he right?

I can’t have sex with someone unless I’m in a relationship with them. Is it true that no good-quality guy would be willing to wait?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, I don't think anyone can ever say "never", however from a dating standpoint, there simply is no shortage of women who are totally willing to go out on dates with one guy while screwing some other guy (a guy who turns her on, but would never take her on a date). This is the type of thing that guys have to defend against and that's why you tend to not find guys who are willing to "wait" an extremely long time as guys have to constantly be worried that the girl is wasting their time. And the thing is, from a girl's point of view, I totally get it because it's fun to have a guy take you out on dates.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope you'll never find a great quality guy if you don't get them to prove themselves worthy of you.

0|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Definitely very wrong. Many out there, you'll just have a harder time finding one if you're meeting guys through Tinder or nights out rather than mutual friends/hobbies. Just need patience - and it can be trying/frustrating I know.. but stick to your morals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends who you consider good quality but you already found a guy even if the 2 of you didn't work out for whatever reason so you know you can find some one.

Personally Id wait for sex and i think most guy would. Not for ever girl but for the ones I liked.
    If i didn't like the standards they where setting , expectations , way they treated me and others etc i'd leave even if I didn't have any other options at the time and you may want that sort of filter though i'd also be much less willing to try and make things work if there wasn't sex there keeping me interested?

The down side being if another girl I also liked was offering to fuck my brains out and you wanted me to wait 6 mounths i'd almost certainly go with the one I also liked even if i otherwise liked her less that was all over me becose i dont belive you should always

So you get a better idea if he likes everything else about the relationship in its early stages but most guys would have less motivation to stick it out if its not working early on or to chose you over another girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your ex is full of shit. Plenty of guys will be willing to wait a bit. Just be straight and set expectations after the first date (if there's going to be a second date). Say "Thanks. I had a really great time. You should know that I'm a bit slower than most to have sex with a new guy. I prefer to wait until we know each other better and it looks like the relationship is going to last a while."

0|1
    0|0
    • i don’t know if id say that id be turned away even if i was willing to wait maybe tell him when you guys know eachother a bit more

• I would be willing to wait.
    Also, I'd only have sex in a relationship.
    But never had one, not even my first kiss, still a virgin.

But I'm a good/ nice guy.
    I just don't have luck with girls for some reason...

Keep getting rejected and told I'm not their type...

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely wrong.. infact if he is a good quality guy he will wait and never do things even when you wants them and never take advantage of situations like you are drunk , or you are emotionally weak..
    search and you will definitely get perfect guys...
    All the best

0|0
    0|0
  • You might be Demisexual...
    And he's wrong ! You'll actually get the best. You'll get the ones that are loyal and patient. If you know how to attract them, that is.

0|1
    0|0
  • The opposite. A good guy will wait as long as necessary. And won't pressure you to have sex in anyway.

0|3
    0|0
  • I would happily wait, i put the relationship stuff above sex in my opinion, i dont think sex should be everything.

a lot of people seem to grade someone on their sex ability which i think is totaly unfair and wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's just bitter. Some people (guy and girls) just want sex, but many are looking for a meaningful relationship and that's more important to them than the sex. You'll find one there are plenty out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not entirely true. However, since sex is a very important aspect of a relationship, wanting to "test it out" before getting into a committed relationship is more than understandable even for good-quality guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess that depends on how you define a relationship. I think a lot of people don't have sex until they are in a relationship. Less but still some wait until marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some will wait indefinitely, not very many.

A lot would be willing to commit and move forward sexually in parallel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your ex is mistaken. Not all guys will wait, but there are many who will.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Into a relationship" is kind of vague but doesn't matter. It's hard for any of us, even guys, to find someone we truly connect with and what is true is that all guys want sex and we don't need as much of a connection usually as you do. But yes, there are guys that will RESPECT and like/care about you enough to wait, it's just finding that person is not easy. Like I say, it's hard for all of us. Don't give up though and most importantly, don't judge future guys automatically based on past guys/experiences. We are NOT all the same!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well... like 96% of your options are gone by that logic. I dated a girl who didn't want to have sex before marriage for a few months. Fuck that shit. It's all about not having sex and not about the relationship. It's like how some gay people let their lives revolve around them being gay. There's more to a person than sex so why are they specifically waiting till marriage for sex? Some guys will do it. I went to a Christian school for a time and know a few who did it. It was heavily encouraged at that college. I'd say 10% tried it, 2% did it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most definitely wrong. You just need to know how to filter the players from the genuine guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only have sex after marriage, and i know lots of guys like me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, he is wrong.

0|1
    0|0
  • He's not right, but odds are against you

0|0
    0|0
  • Only quality guys would be willing to wait lady.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes