How do you keep trying?

After feeling depressed, overwhelmed at work, and not dating at all for a year, I finally decided to try online again. I met an amazing guy last weekend. We had a wonderful time and he said he wanted to see me again. He texted me right after the date to thank me and we talked a bit more via text.

Thursday, I texted him Happy Thanksgiving and asked if he wanted to get together this weekend. He said he can't because he has his son but maybe one night this week, and hasn't gotten back to me. Since my availability is limited, I was hoping he'd let me know by now but he hasn't.

He was so enthusiastic at first, but I know from experience that it's not uncommon to enjoy meeting someone and like their personality but not be attracted to them. He's quite attractive and in good shape. I am overweight and the only recent photo I had of myself for the dating site was a head shot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's having second thoughts and I don't hear from him again.

It's okay. I get it. I have no unrealistic expectations. He's newly divorced, has a master's degree and his own business, and is probably just realizing all his options. One good date is more than I've had in years, and at my age there just aren't that many options.

So I'm trying to look on the bright side, and I know it may sound like I'm jumping to conclusions, but as a veteran of this process I know how it goes. I've been on both sides of the "It went great, but" situation before.

This is more of a vent than a question, really. Thanks for listening.
I wouldn't have tried at all, but a male friend gave me a lecture about how men aren't as picky about women's bodies as we think they are, that he'd much rather take a woman to bed he can hug and squeeze than a skinny twig, and so on. He was very drunk at the time but I think he was sincere.
I sent a polite, friendly text a few hours ago but didn't get a reply so I deleted his number. I'm really disappointed. Every time I try I tell myself to stay cool and not get too attached, but it still hurts.

At least I tried.

06

Most Helpful Guy

• I think finding a great match is hard for most, especially with age. I've hear from many girls that gave up. I would weigh what the potential up side can be versus the pain of finding it is and maybe you'll see motivation.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE