If I stop acting insecure and jealous will my relationship be better?

921

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in the situation before. It becomes annoying. If there is no trust, why stick around? Or why not cheat in some guys minds. Plus, if you are too clingy, he knows you will stick around, even if he does something. Know your worth. Be confident.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oddly enough, he is the one who says he wouldn’t walk away easily if I️ were the one to cheat.

I️ know I️ wouldn’t tolerate cheating from him. I️ don’t have the emotionally capacity to heal and continue with a man that cheats on me :/

• I got you. If thats the case, i think you are right to worry. Sounds like preparation. A guy should know better than to stick himself in that situation if he thinks it could become a problem. I've done it. Went out with a girl friend. I believe i likely drank from her drink at some point which seemed was roofied. Or she did it. Either way, black outs and bad memories. Confessed to my bad deeds that i could barely recall. Just know i stopped before going too far. Still caught the wrath. And after all was said and done, it was my fault. shouldn't have went out drinking at a bar while my girl was at home. Lesson learned. Sounds like your guy may have somebody in mind already. Maybe not. Just watch out if a chicks name keeps coming up. Sounds like he's already setting up a buffer for future plans.

• He already knows, that if he cheats i REFUSE to stick around. He seems hurt that I’ve mentioned this. I️ mean, I️t isn’t right to threaten something. But, I’m not threatening I️t. I️m stating my boundaries and what I️ expect. I️ won’t be cheating on him when I’m drunk, so, I️ have the right to believe he would be able to resist as well. And trust me, there have been many chances for me to cheat (with randoms and friends). But, even in my drunken state - I’d never do that to someone. My ex did I️t to me so many times. I️t hurt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly why are you feeling so insecure or jealous?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I am just insecure my boyfriend will find someone prettier than me and leave. Or, he might get drunk at a party when I’m not there and maybe cheat. I️ don’t know.

He has told me he’d forgive me if I️ were to drunkenly cheat. I️ hope he doesn’t believe the same, even when I’ve told him I️ wouldn’t forgive him.

• I don’t feel attacked. I have gone to therapy before. My therapist thought the issue was the relationship -not me. I️ just sometimes get upset in the relationship and compare I️t to how he used to be with his exes. He’s much older now than he was in his last relationships. But, sometimes I️ get upset and feel loved less than they do. I️ often get insecure and jealous that he isn’t super lovey dovey with me and he doesn’t want to show me off 24/7. I️ know that’s not how relationships work. But, I️ just sometimes feel he doesn’t love me as much as he says.

• It sounds like you and him need more date nights (more time together)