Is it possible for me to date a man who is 17 years older than me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's absolutely possible. The question is, is it legal. Look up the age of consent law (s) where you live. It is 16 for most of the world and at least half of America.

Go for it if you want but realize that he is only in it for the sex.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing as you're 14, it's illegal. Give yourself some time to grow. If he's still there in 4 years, see how you feel about the situation then. A relationship between adults really depends on how your maturity and your partner's maturity fit together, not how many years are in between.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Possible yes, not recommended. Your life experience is very minimal compared to him. The relationship will probably just be a sexual thing for him as he can't relate to you due to your age

1|1
    1|0
  • You're eighteen, you can literally date anyone you want.

0|1
    1|0
    • I'm 14, actually.

• Show All
    • A friend of mine fucked her teacher in high school. Turned into a huge thing. The news got involved, teacher went to prison. I even had to testify at his trial. I wouldbt advise it, although i can understand the fantasy.

• I don't plan on doing that to be honest.

• Course it's possible. Does it mean you should? Probably not.

0|0
    1|0
  • If your under 18 you cannot date anyone who’s over 5 years older then you. In this case he’s 17 years older then you. No.

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible. If you're under the age of consent it'd have to be in secret and both would have to be very careful.

0|0
    0|2
    • It's rape if she's under the age of consent. So she should definitely not entertain this idea and put herself in a position where a paedophile could use her

• It will be the best sex of your life

1|1
    0|1
    • How?

• Show All
    • But isn't it true that the older the guy is, the less of a sex drive he will have? Therefore; less excitement; therefore, erectile disfunction?

• Is he over 45

• Possible? Yes. Terrible idea? Also yes.

1|3
    1|0
  • When your 18 and no longer "jail bait"

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that is illegal if you are under 18

0|1
    0|0
  • Considering you are under 18, probably illegal.

0|1
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• In America once you hit 16 you can date whoever you want within 5 years of you, you just can't have sex

2|0
    0|0
  • no. do. not. do. that. that is not legal yet and is honestly so gross omg no

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't do it. Just don't do it. It's a terrible idea

1|0
    0|0
  • It's possible, but he is going to have a lot more life experience by the time you're 20. He's most likely going to want to settle down. If you are a girl that likes attractive men, by the time you're 25, he would be 42. You need to understand that people age rapidly. The man is going to be an elder way earlier than you. If you're okay with that, then go for it. There will be many judgmental people around you, so be prepared. Once you're 18, you can do whatever the heck you want though. Nobody can say otherwise

0|0
    0|0
  • No because that's illegal.

0|0
    1|0
  • It is possible, but I don't think it's smart.

1|1
    1|0
  • Wait till you are 18, it is illegal for a minor to date an adult. Plus he would have a lot more experience than you.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That's why too risky not to mention illegal.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes