Should I ruin the friendship?

There’s this guy and he’s literally my best friend. I have a crush on him and I think the feeling is mutual but I’m scared. We’ve been friends for almost a year and a half and since then we’ve become so close. We’ve never had an awkward phase and have always told each other everything and have had very similar interests. We get really close and he’s always got his arm around me or on me or our feet are always touching. I’ve asked some of our mutual friends about it and they said they could totally see us working out as a couple. Sometimes he even just grabs my hand and we walk around. Our faces also get really close and sometimes we bump noses by mistake and sometimes I feel like we should have kissed. He also compliments me and calls me pretty/hot all the time. He also gets jealous if I’m around other guys. The only reason why I’m hesitant about the situation is because he just recently came out to me as bisexual. Is he just acting as a platonic gay best friend or is he into me as more than that? Is it worth risking the friendship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You could ruin it... OR take advantage of the mixture of feelings that are mutual and prove to him that its not just some fantasy you both have of being together. And sometime when he isn't expecting it just kiss him on the cheek like a peck. And then just take a step back and see how he takes it. If he really feels the same for you he will respond in a similar fashion if not. Dont feel too bad at least you tried.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Ah the age old question. It'd be nice if there was a single answer that would fit every friendship/situation. My female best friend and I explored what was outside of the friend zone, but nothing came of it. I fear it could have ruined the friendship as we haven't hung out in two months.

1|0
    0|0
  • You need to go for it. Don't worry about ruining the friendship, take a chance. Just because he's bisexual means nothing. He's not gay, he likes both. If you don't act upon it, you may regret it later. If you get rejected, don't take it personally. If you both value the friendship, it won't change much. Take risk!

1|0
    0|0
  • If it was other way around and the guy asking this question I would advise him to not go for it as women are often indecisive.
    But since in this case the girl is asking this.. I'd say go for it if he knows you well enough and if he's single. There's no way he Is gonna say no to that..

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally think you should keep it as friends, in all honestly you should follow your heart, if it feels right at any given moment, do it. Goodluck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Could be awesome or awkward, I'd say go for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • All I gotta say is yolo

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I always say: there is no friendship between a woman and a man!!! Women always start having feelings (more than friendship). The next thing: leave a bisexual, he is going to cheat on you later and you are going to get hurt by cheating on you with another man!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes