Asked my friend out before me?

How genuine can a guy be if he asked my friend out before me?

Him and I are technically dating now, and when I told my closest friend, she said that he had asked her out on a date.

He brought it up himself, right before him and I got more intimate, and said that when he had met me, he had wished he was able to flirt with me instead -- but knew what kind of danger flirting with two best friends was. Him and my friend both worked together and she had invited to a haunted house, where we met, so he assumed she was interested.

I, honestly, don't know what to make of it. I don't generally feel like a second choice, but sometimes that fear creeps in.

11

Most Helpful Guy

• I see this situation a lot. As a guy, if I were him, I'd want you to know that even though I asked your friend out before you, what matters is how I feel about you now. The order in which you two were asked out has no bearing on the current state of the relationship. He's with you, and if he weren't happy, he'd end it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I do believe I would feel the same vice versa, and that makes total sense. I hope I wasn't coming off as crazy; I think I honestly just needed someone to reassure me.

Most Helpful Girl

• He may have noticed her first but look who he is with. You silly! You are the one who got all of his attention even if he had to get to know you more to see his first choice was wrong. So you may have been his second choice but you are not second best.😎

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE