Why do some guys get insecure about dating a tall girl? Is 5'8 considered to tall?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'8 is tall for a female if you take into account the average female is 5'4 in the US. But your height is great, l don't think that that would deter any guy. Taking into account that you are young just have more patience because boys your age are not fully mature. I would date a 6'3 girl if l ever had the opportunity so don't worry about your height it's completely fine.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I don't date guys my age usually because the maturity is not there. Thank you also.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ahhh I hate this because I’m a tall girl and it’s probably the thing I’m most insecure about it because it’s the one thing I simply can’t change.

I think it make some men feel less of the alpha male in the relationship.

I know it definitely has took all my life working on my confidence with it, but I’ve realised despite how I feel it really doesn’t make you any less feminine lol.

I actually think with guys, and girls too to be honest.. they themselves don’t mind as much, but it’s how other people perceive them.

1|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes I really hate being tall and all you usually hear about is how guys love short girls and it makes me insecure. Some people say being tall means I have a better chance of being a model but others are like I only like short girls. At least I can reach most stuff lol

• Show All
    • Accurate😂😂😂

• Height shouldn't be he most important factor and if to some guys it is they probably aren't good enough for you. Height is relatively low on my list of important attributes. Once you find the right guy nothing else really matters

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• I'm 5'4 and 33. Most girls don't date down in height.

It's immasculating for me to date anyone over 5'6. There is a security vibe, duty to protect in men and if we feel we cannot provide that to a larger partner... it creates insecurity, feelings of not being good enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say insecure, because I would date a taller woman, the opportunity just never presented itself. Also, most women appear to prefer men taller than them. So I'd say it is indeed insecurity in some men, but in most other men we simply choose to persue shorter women because it's often a waste of time otherwise due to societal norms.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well when it comes down to it I would rather have a guy who is shorter than me and respects me then a tall one who is a douche. Inside counts more than outside

• Your perspective is rare. Good for you, you're right.

• Everyone has their own personal preferences. Society is weird about guys dating taller girls but in the world we live I don't think it should matter at all. That is my personal perspective though being 6'2"

1|0
    0|0
  • Most guys like girls shorter then them so they can feel like they're the man out of the two of them.
    I personally dont care I'd date a giant if she was cool. Some guys have strange preferences and that's a popular one.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd just feel like I wasn't satisfactory, but the fact that she's dating me would confirm that she's okay with it. If it bothered her, she wouldn't be dating me i the first place.

1|0
    0|0
  • I fel like height is more of a girl thing. I never really cared. Unless she's so tall, I gotta look up at her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just kinda emasculating lol 5'8 isn't super tall for a female though

1|0
    0|0
  • Some guys just want the girl to be a bit below their height if not then way below. 5'8 is still a good size just a lot of Hispanics are shorter than that

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really but then again I'm 6'3 so it may be tall for other people.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's tall, but no too tall, no. If you're pretty, boys will go after you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because guys want to be the tall one and want u to feel protected

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they are looking for someone shorter that they can protect?

1|0
    0|0
  • I dint care at all but I havemt found a girl who is ok with me being shorter

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all id perform better if the girl i dated was as tall as myself x)

1|0
    0|0
  • No 5'8 isn't tall. And it makes them feel less masculine probably if the girl is taller.

1|0
    0|0
  • 5'8 isn't even tall

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol I'm 5'8 so that's not too bad

1|0
    0|0
  • not at all. My ex-wife is 6' and I'm 5'8"

1|0
    0|0
  • 5'8 sounds good

1|0
    0|0
  • No I like it lolol as long as she's shorter the me

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope its not to tall, om 6'7"

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6ft so no its not

1|0
    0|0
  • No that’s a normal height

1|0
    0|0
  • Most women are 5'5", so yes, 5'8" is tall for a woman

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually think 5'8 is a great height for a girl but I'm 6'2 so that might be why.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Because guys like to feel superior so when their superiority is challenged they feel insecure or something like that I don't know and 5'8 is like average

1|0
    0|1
  • They don't want a girl taller than them

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes