How do you have “the talk”?

You know, the one where you define what you both want or don’t want, and where you see a potential relationship going? How long should you wait to have it? Where should you have it? Who should initiate?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• As soon as you both figure out the relationship has moved towards exclusivity. I think time and place is a little difficult because it depends on the people involved. I've been married eight almost nine years in my second marriage. We still talk about the direction of our relationship on a regular basis which is in stark contrast to my first go around.

Most Helpful Girl

• First talk was about exclusivity, before we became official though, few days after we became official I started asking him about boundaries in our relationship, then another day we established likes and dislikes, just sort of learning new things as days go by, but not having everything at once because otherwise it can be too much to talk about all at once otherwise which makes harder to remember what had been said.

As for sex, to me it just sort of happened, wasn't exactly planned in any way, it just felt right when we did it. I did ask him if he had been tested and all before we did anything.