We spent too much time together. How do couples usually find a balance in terms of contacting each other?

I have been dating this guy for a while now and everything went great - He is the most loving and caring guy I have ever met. We both have incredibly busy schedules, but we always make time for each other either after work/school or on weekends.

This is my first serious relationship, so I am still a bit nervous that I may screw things up. Over the past few weeks, we have been meeting up 3 times a week, which to me is quite a lot. We eventually find ourselves getting a bit overly exhausted after going on dates all the time, and he even admitted that "We've been hanging out A LOT this week, haven't we?".

So we decided to change things up a bit and meet less, given that we both have important meetings and deadlines this week. But I started to realize that this is difficult as well, given that I have grown so used to him calling everyday after work and seeing him in person every other day.

I'm kind of lost now - Should I not contact him at all from now on, or should I still maintain contact with him? How do couples keep in touch with each other without becoming annoying to each other? Thoughts?

419

Most Helpful Guy

• COMMUNICATION! Talking about it is key. The last thing you both want is one feeling less important than the other. You've got to find that balance, the medium that you're looking to find. Start with this, "I think we can still call each other and leave a message" & the person who is busy should try and call back ASAP? That's just my first suggestion to help you get the ball rolling. As you can see that first suggestion is loaded with flexibility, tweeks here & there until it meets both your needs. You'll both find a balance and remember this, that if & when you two take it to another level, ie: live together, it gets easier knowing you'll end each day together. GOOD LUCK!😊