Why won’t he make things official and call me his gf?

We’ve been dating for almost 5 months now. We also know almost all of each other’s friends.

We go on out-of-town trips, regular dates, and spend almost all of our free time together. He also drives me and picks me up at work whenever he can. Even if that means 1-2 hours of heavy traffic.

The thing is, he still won’t pop the magic question. He drops hints tho, like ‘Do you see yourself with me in a couple of months?’

Sometimes, I would catch him in between conversations. Like he has something to say or as if he wants to drop the L bomb, but holds back.

It’s sooo darn frustrating. I want to tell him how I feel too. I just want him to go first. Why won’t he just get this over with?

Should I wait for him? Or is this going nowhere? Lol thank you for your thoughts.

1120

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, if this is important to you (and it obviously is), why don't you push things forward? The way things seem to work with your generation is that you don't have this "What are we?" talk that was extremely common in my generation. Instead, you guys just date (or hook up) until you guys get to the point where you're always together and then organically you become a couple. No one ever declares anything, no one ever asks any questions -- it just happens.

That said, there's no reason that you have to do things the way everyone else does so if you want to know the answer, why don't you ask if you guys can be official? For all you know, you're the only one of the two that's wondering about this and if you decide to wait for him to read your mind, you'll never get the result that you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why won’t you go first? What if he’s waiting for the same thing, is your ego really worth the angst of what you’re feeling while waiting?