Is it ok for my boyfriend to still have photos of his exs?

My boyfriend was in a 9 year relationship with someone he wasn't in love with (reason they broke up). He still has photos of her on facebook. They are no longer in contact as she has blocked him on everything. According to him, she has deleted all his photos from her facebook. He however still has photos of her. Some of them are with friends, other photos are of just her or with him. I'm quite a private person so there are no photos of us on his profile.

The other ex was a girl he dated briefly but it was super serious from the get go until he realized she was manipulative and a liar. He still has photos of their travels, not on facebook but on his computer. He said he won't ever look at them. I just don't get why he won't delete those pics. If he wants to keep the travel pics can't he just delete the ones with her in it? Also his 9 year ex, couldn't he delete that now that he's in a new relationship? He's not in contact with any of them and never wants to talk to them again.

Am I being unreasonable to feel like he should delete his pics of his exs?
  • Yes, I'm being unreasonable
  • No, I'm not being unreasonable

1627

Most Helpful Guy

• Those people were an important part of his life. Even though he doesn't have feeling for them now, they were once very important to him and he probably has good memories from those days. I don't think it's fair to ask him to erase part of his history.

My SO and I still have contact with some of our exes. We are Facebook friends with some. She and I have gone to dinner with two of hers. We both know that those relationships are over and so we do not feel threatened by them.

I hope that you can get to that point also because I don't think it's good to try to make your partner edit their life story. As long as the relationship is over, I think it's best to accept that it happened and let it go and concentrate on making your relationship with him good going forward.

Most Helpful Girl

• You’re being unreasonable. What does it matter if they’re there? They’re memories, they happened, there is a physical reminder of it. That’s it.
    It’s not like he’s meeting her at the pub every Thursday night to reminisce over them, they’re simply keepsakes of his experiences.
    A far more productive endeavour would be to work on your insecurity and work out which battles are worth fighting. It’s going to be invaluable both in relationships and life in general if this is the kind of thing you currently get worked up over