Do I have to tell my crush im underaged?

my mom has a coffee shop thingy and there is this guy who goes there, his name is joey and he is just superamazing, i have a gigantic crush on him he is gorgeous and super sweet and really nicely worked out and everything. I often help my mom as a waitress when i come back from my highschool, and he is there often and we talk and he is very nice to me and a bit flirty so i think he likes me too. He told me about a month ago that he is 22 when he was talking about his birthday trip. Im afraid he wouldn't like me anymore if i told him im 15 and i really want him to like me. Do i have to tell him im only 15? im in my second year of highschol so im very mature and i can consent, im not some dumbo kid who gets tricked into something bad she doesn't want to do
Updates:
oh my god i totally dont want him to get into any trouble like jail or anything. I didn't know its that serious, i just tought he would be forced to break up with me if we were dating and someone found out i was underaged. im so sorry of course i will tell him the second i see him next time :( i just hope he still likes me after and maybe when im older we can date
Vzogo i dont want to date him just because he is older but he is awesome and super nice to me and i like him for that but ok i will tell him if he like asks me out or something but im very sad that we can't be together >{

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would tell him, so that yes once you're at least sixteen or seventeen (depending on where you live) you guys can date if both of you are still interested. I don't think there's anything wrong with the ages as is personally, but the law disagrees sometimes for some dumbass reason.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you should tell him. No matter how mature you think you are, you are still a teenager. He may not want to flirt or talk like that with a child.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• The fact you ask this shows you might not be as mature as you think you are. You are underage and if he was to 'breath' around you in the wrong manner he would leave himself open to a world of pain. Even if he mistakenly thinks you are older and dates you. Noone will give him any beg pardons when the truth comes out

3|0
    0|0
  • He deserves to know you are underage, as there are potentially serious consequences for him dating you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him you are 15 but dont go like: hi im 15 and than go^^ i dont know about your country but not in every country its illegal to date someone who us 15 or older

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah you are right, just take it slow, let him ask you your age. Otherwise he may feel awkward and think wtf is wrong with you.

• Nah, don't tell him. Have your fun and then ruin his life. I look forward to reading about it in the news, LOL.

0|0
    0|1
  • I say go for it. So long as you both know not to talk to anyone about it, no one will report it.

Don't get caught.

1|1
    0|0
  • You are Jail bait.. YOu have to tell him.. Even if you tell the authorities you tricked him, he will still get charges.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are 15 you cannot consent. Age of consent is 17-18 in most states. And to not tell him would be a asshole move

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell him or he may end up in jail and you totally grounded.

0|0
    0|0
  • We won't judge you by your mistakes, normal person should pull you off. But tell him if you want. Just know what you're doing, that can decide about your fate

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not going to suggest that you have to announce your age to every guy that smiles at you. But, it would not be fair to lead him on and then drop that information on him like a bombshell. If he asks you out on a date you or makes any sexual advances towards you, then you have to tell him no and be honest about your age. Even if it is not a “date” you really shouldn’t be spending time alone with him. People will talk even if nothing inappropriate happens, and then you both would have a lot of explaining to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Duh! Honey, I know it's sexy dating an older man, but you should defs tell him. Even if it's hard you still have to, first he might go to jail, second maybe he's not interested in dating a 15 year old. But mostly jail is the reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Duh, you’re a minor. Consent or not, he could still get in trouble if he were to do anything sexual with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah you do.

0|0
    0|0
  • He could go to jail. Yes tell him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes