Have you ever dated someone that you didn’t find attractive based off their looks? If so, how’d that go?

Maybe you found their personality attractive.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, never. I have been with girls who didn't make a particular impact at first glance but their overall nature made them more attractive to me. They weren't unattractive to me anyway though. They just became more attractive as I got to know them.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah it does seem to be like that. Once you get to know somebody more & you like their personality they get more attractive

Most Helpful Girl

• I have. It didn't work out, we didn't have enough chemistry. at the end of the day, looks do matter.. If you don't find someone attractive its hard to have any type of chemistry with them no matter how attractive they are. maybe I'm just shallow but that's my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • No matter how attractive their personality may be * oops

• Show All
    • BUT everyone has different experiences! I’ve also heard from a friend that she didn’t find her boyfriend (who she’s been dating for 3 years now) attractive at first but as she got to know him and his personality he became more attractive to her. and I do get that, there’s some guys who aren’t super cute but have great personalities so that makes them cute to me. It just depends! I’d continue to see how it goes and how you guys chemistry is in person. good luck!!

• Yes, a god personality does make someone more attractive in my experience. & thanks !

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I did. It went poorly. I will never do it again. She didn't deserve how I treated her. I mean she also treated me poorly, because she didn't understood why I dated her and was confused and self concious all the time, and I didn't understand either (I guess I was just young and thirsty).. anyways I broke up because it had no use and learned my lesson. Only date someone you're truly attracted to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I didn't find my girlfriend that attractive when we met, and she knows it. I find her beautiful now and it messes me that I could ever have thought less of her and that she knew that I did.

2|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't do that because then the other person gets a little too cocky

1|0
    0|0
    • Maybe in some cases..

• Show All
    • Well because I’ve been talking to this guy I don’t really think is handsome. He won me over with his personality & how he treats me. I would never get too cocky tho. I still think he’s an amazing person regardless of looks.

• @kebins875

• Yeah
    I went on a blind date,
    I only saw her that once

1|0
    0|0
    • So nothing after it?

• Show All
    • Woww haha so you thought you’d be a bad influence?

• I know it lol

• I do it, everytime. Because I'm looking for somebody, not some body.

3|1
    0|0
    • That is actually awesome how you said that, I couldn’t say it better myself!

• Well I had a girl who thought I was cute but I loved her personality. But when she found someone hotter she dumped me for a cuter guy... she's realizing now that that was a mistake but it hurt me more because I found someone that I loved not for the looks. If your looking for a relationship that your not serious about. Don't get too into it with personalities. I never look at a girl personally based on their looks. I look at what's on the inside but it makes things harder when relationships end. Just waiting for the right one

0|0
    0|0
    • You never saw a girl you thought was attractive & tried talking to her?

• I feel like most times people only start conversations with people because they think they’re attractive

• I mean I have seen girls very attractive. But what I found is someone like my ex. At first I didn't find her attractive but once I got to know her and started to love her personality she became very attractive. So it's kinda a win win deal. I feel if you just look at the girl who's attractive it may turn out she's not a good personality
      I don't know

• Honestly I did at first but after a while I thought she was too skinny

0|0
    0|0
    • Hmm. Just a random question, Did she think she’s was too skinny?

• I don't know but she never ate a lot

• No, I couldn't do that tbh.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha

• Show All
    • Yeah, but if the attraction isn't there in a relationship, it's bound to fail. It's just a recipe for disaster.

• Hmm you might be right

• Baaaad idea!
    Don't go for that EVER

1|0
    0|0
    • Didn’t mean for it to happen like that. It just did

• I never got a date cause of my looks.

0|0
    0|0
    • I doubt that’s why. Put yourself out there more

• I have tried more than once.

What Girls Said 10

• I dated a guy I thought was ok physically but was WOW mentally and personality wise. We went out about four times and I killed it. Mainly because he turned out to be a dick lol

1|0
    0|0
    • oh how so? I'm always curious about those things, lol.

• Show All
    • WHAT? Girrrrrllll never lol couldn’t be me

• Hmm, that is very weird of him. SO arrogant, lol. XD

... "You need to kiss my feet at least twice a day, once isn't enough anymore"

-haha :)

• Yes, didn't go well, had to leave him and break his heart because I wasn't attracted to him. Never again.

2|0
    0|0
    • Wow... sounds like what’s gonna happen in my situation

• Physically I found this one guy okay but he was really nice so I thought I’d give it a shot with him. We dated for 4 months, lost my virginity to him, realized that he was controlling and didn’t treat me good.

I don’t think that all guys who I find unattractive are going to be mean, I just had a bad experience with trying to get past someone’s looks and found out in the end that they were both physically and personality not for me.

1|0
    0|0
    • :( sorry to hear that. I literally take forever to adjust to people because it just seems like you never really know the person you’re dealing with

• Yes. It was fantastic. He had a rep for being an epic fuck. It was true.

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow lol

• He was by no means hot by classical definition. But skill trumped looks big time. He was also very stimulating mentally.

• All the time! Usually works great for me, I’m very in to personality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It failed because I couldn't sexually connect with him.

1|0
    0|0
    • :( that sucks

• I tried to convince myself personality was enough, but it isn't long term.

• I don't think anyone should date someone they don't find attractive. But I also think that personality means a lot more to me. Looks fade personality doesn't. The thing with attraction is the person isn't necessarily attractive but because you like their personality you find them attractive.
    There is this guy I know who isn't super hot, he's not unattractive or anything but he's not movie star gorgeous either. But I find him attractive because he makes me laugh and knows how to have a good time. He's nice to me so that goes a long way. Plus he has nice hair lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and I had to break up because it just was cruel to lead them on.

1|0
    0|0
  • No l haven't dated

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really date but I used to like 2 guys when I was years 4 and 5 and they used to like me back. It feels so good cuz they respected me and treated me special

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes