Dating apps, yes or no?

Have you ever tried dating apps? Do you think it's better than meeting people the traditional way?
I tried a few dating apps already but the only one I actually liked was Bumble, and I only keep my account activated because I like logging in once in a while to check who's in there (I like to check the funny pictures and descriptions) and to make friends, curiously, I've made friends in those apps and I know more people who did to.Dating apps, yes or no?
  • Yes, love them
    Vote A
  • No, not my thing
    Vote B
  • Never tried
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I quite like the concept of them. I like that bumble and tinder require a mutual match in order to message one another. However, I personally haven't had any success in terms of meeting new people. Ironically, with all the technology and ways to connect out there, it seems like we're less genuinely connected than ever. People get swept up in the tumult and excitement, but there doesn't seem to be much depth there. Most people would rather stare at their phones than communicate with people actually in front of them.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Lately all of the dates that I've had I got them on Tinder. But it is true most people in there are looking for casual sex, but I did find someone who wanted to try something real and serious. So, it all depends. But you have bigger odds to find someone to have sex on dating apps and find someone who wants a relationship through other means. I have no complaints, but I am aware you need to be super careful how you meet someone from a dating app, to make sure he's not a criminal that whats to rob you or kidnap you or something.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 66

• I have used a few online dating sites intermittently since 2007 and have had good luck with them. I like the way that I can selectively screen many woman, correspond with a few who seem interesting, get one or two responses, and start meeting women with 7-14 days of when I get active on the site.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've learned that dating apps is like grocery shopping, but only for women. There's a lot of options for them, and for the guys we're just hoping to get picked. Unless you're an above average looking dude, then maybe you'll get some attention. In the end dating apps lowered my self confidence so I stay away

0|4
    0|0
    • I like your comparison, although I have to say that the majority are stupid guys and, for the girls, many are looking for the perfect guy... In a dating app

• If a dating app lowered your self confidence then your confidence must not have been genuine to begin with.

• Though it is true a lot of people in there are just in it for the hook ups, you will meet a few gems who are actually pretty decent to talk to. I've talked to and met a lot of nice girls in these things. Girls I wouldn't have met otherwise (though we ended up just being friends, so I'm not sure if this is what you would go for)

1|2
    0|0
  • It is a lot better for women than it is for men in terms of getting messages. But the majority of messages women get are often sexually charged and childish. I can pretty much some up the bulk of women's messages they receive as "Aye gurl, can i have sum fuk"

2|2
    0|0
  • I literally have so little confidence i can't even talk to a random on a dating app i think too much about what other people think of me.

0|2
    0|0
    • 🤔 i wanna help you change this!!

• That's weird, I think it's much easier to talk to a stranger in these dating apps, you're doing it through an app, you don't know the person and neither if you'll ever meet that person.

• Yeah i guess you're right but still talking to anyone online i guess i still feel like i might no be liked e. c. t and i dunno its easier just not to in general it would be nice to get a little more confident though. :)

• The premise of dating apps is centered on appearance first, which I think turns them inherently into a meat market mentality. You get hit up by all the players working the site, cycle through some shallow relationships and wonder why you never meet the right person. Rinse, repeat.

1|1
    0|0
  • Tinder is the most female advantageous, but most dating apps in general are like that. On tinder, male 8/10's and under compete for female 2/10's and under. Women are much pickier than men on the apps so most men can't even get a date with someone less attractive and interesting than themselves 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I think as well they are a good way of meeting people as friends as well as more. The problem is with them is that a lot of idiots are out there who only want thing so I think you have to be careful with them and not just jump at every opprotunity otherwise you get yourself in a rut about them as well

0|0
    0|0
  • I've tried a few of them, including Tinder, Bumble, and POF without any success.

I think it comes down to numbers and my looks.
    Most of the women on these apps aren't real, and there are far too many men for the few that are. Plus add in that I'm an ugly guy and I have zero chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im planning on trying tinder, however my friend taught me how easy it is to meet strangers and befriend them or go on dates with them at gigs, clubs etc

But Im still gonna use tinder at some point to meet even more people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah useless in my opinion, just go out and travel. Meet lots of like minded people that way.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree on that, even though I made some friends int those apps, there's nothing like actually going out and meeting people personally

• I'd say No.

I hear guys and girls mainly use them for 'hook ups'.

And never really for a relationship to find a partner, those who seem to be looking for a relationship seems to be really rare on dating sites, for my age group range especially.

Guys my age range, most seem to be mainly fuck boys. (Not all).

And most girls seem to be just as bad (Not all).

Thats why I go for slightly older and mature women who actually want a relationship rather than a one night stand with a fuck boy.

So I gave up, I don't want a hoe/ slut.

I want a wifey material girl to take home to meet my family etc.

Not a slutty cum-bucket...

2|2
    0|0
  • Dating apps or fucking apps like meet up and sex. Because people often say one and mean the other

1|1
    0|0
    • I call them dating apps but I mean dating and fucking apps, they are all the same nowadays, no matter what people say

• Dating apps only work for women or guys who are considered attractive to most women so 8s, 9s and 10/10s, if you are a guy and are a 7 or below then forget about getting any attention from women on those apps.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tried them and been on like 2 dates in 5 years of being on them with no success. Females benefit more from dating apps and makes it really easy to find someone.

0|2
    0|0
  • I am using one now, only sent a couple messages as 99% of the woman on there are not my type but I find most don't have subscriptions to respond or don't ever log in. Haven't gotten any responses but hoping the one I just sent gets a response. Meeting people is very hard nowadays and I feel like online sites provide a way to find someone who may be your type and if you get rejected before meeting in person you will never have to see them face to face.

0|0
    0|0
  • i saw someone else on here describe dating apps as a more efficient way of being rejected, and they're not wrong.

It's so much easier online to take the option of not responding to someone rather than say sorry i'm not interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've tried them but there mostly computers i even tried speaking to a guy amd he replied with "hey sexy" I was like WTF!! don't his profile say he was straight!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I think they may work once out of 10000 xD but it's ended a good way of getting to know people and possibly new friends~

0|0
    0|0
  • I've hooked up on three occasions from dating apps. They were fun.

Sometimes it's a struggle even if you find the right person as it's not always clear whst people want out of these apps.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 36

• I dislike them but i have used them before in the past and had relationships from them but i'd much rather another way.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thats because you are female and pretty so you have a lot of options on those apps, guys like me are not so lucky, meeting people irl is better in my opinion.

• Ha. No.

0|1
    0|1
  • Meh. Have tried them, but every single time there are guys who find it necessary to keep harassing you, even to the point of threats and saying they hope you get raped, kill yourself or some other horrible bs. Also the type of guys who start saying you have issues, are mentally unstable, must have endured x or y that makes you so hostile to their "good intentions" if you dare say you don't appreciate their dick pics. No thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've also had success with Bumble over other dating apps.

1|0
    0|0
    • I prefer Bumble simply because you won't have everyone sending you messages, but this actually applies to every app that requires a match for you to message the other person.

• I enjoy talking to some of the people on there, part of the reason I go on there is to see how many local TV/series fans there are. I've met some interesting people, and at the moment I'm dating a guy I met on Tinder. We'd seen each other around town way beforehand, it just took the app as a medium to start talking and we've really hit it off.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to get rage responses from men like "I hope you get raped" for saying you're not interested by all means join a dating site.

4|0
    0|0
  • I've tried several and in my experience the guys on them just want to get in your pants. If that's what you're looking for, great. But if you want anything serious I'd probably look in the real world. There may be some guys online looking for something legit, but in my experience the only ones that were (at least the only ones that were interested in me for more than sex) were 50-something year old men and morbidly obese guys.

Needless to say I don't do online dating anymore. I tried for about a year and half and never went on a single date. Definitely not my cup of tea.

2|1
    0|0
  • I used tinder briefly, but was never a huge fan

If you could answer a question for me, that would be amazing!
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2766902-my-formal-date-broke-his-leg-how-to-make-sure-he-has-fun

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my dude on an app. That app is not the same anymore. People nowadays changed the purpose of it and use it for sex instead of using it to connect with someone on deeper level. Apparently it is now about looks and banging them. Glad I snagged mine just in time!

0|0
    0|0
  • I use them to meet new people. Some people are fun to talk to.
    When I was in Spain I used it to meet cute guys and probably hook up with them, but never did, only with one (he wanted something more serious but I couldn't since I was coming back). Right now I'm dating a guy from tinder who is quite good with me and doesn't seem to be only for a hook up with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are part of the puzzle to meeting interesting people it seems. However the real world still seems to work best.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never tried a dating app. I know several people who have success stories from them though

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried them for a while I didn't look for hookups but something serious I found someone and we'll we keep talking as friends we wanna try more but we're scared bcz of the age diffrence

0|0
    0|0
  • I met someone yesterday after talking for like 2 weeks because we matched and we just clicked right away.

1|0
    0|0
  • Met my current boyfriend on tinder and we have a great relationship. Never would've crossed paths with him without it

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh. I'm not searching for love, I believe once the time is right it will come by itself

0|2
    0|0
  • Maybe it's because I'm in college, but the tinder and bumble scene is huge. Almost all of my friends are on them and we go on dates quite frequently

0|0
    0|0
  • Never tried for dating cos it goes against my standards, but for friends I guess I'd do it, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried tinder and it was quite decent. Even met my boyfriend from there.

2|0
    0|0
  • I've used Tinder in the past and I thought it was okay, but I prefer meeting people face to face.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes