My boyfriend and I love each other but?

I love my boyfriend and he loves me but we both want to experience other things in the world. We have been together since 10th (high school) and we were both our first everything. And we don't know anything else but each other I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him and he feels the same way but we would both like to have sexual experiences with other people before spending the rest of our lives together.

Is it a bad thing if we decide to stay together but once in a while we both go our own ways for a weekend and do whatever we want. Or another suggestion I gave him was, when ever we go on a trip we can have one night to our selfs like that we know for sure there will be no connection with the other person once we leave our trip and we go back home to loving each other.

We are both 19 years old and to young to settle down and not know what's out there but we want to stay together? HELP

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it's your relationship and your decision. If you both feel the same way and want to experience other things and in common agreement decide that you will, then it's your problem and none of you can complain if things go wrong later.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Just know that if you open up your relationship or having a swinging relationship where you participate together, it may irreversibly change the dynamics of what you have with your boyfriend. Feelings may change. You may catch feelings for another guy, and yes, it can happen even if you think it won't. People can love multiple partners. One of you might get jealous. Say you have a threesome with another guy and you have the strongest orgasm you ever had with the new guy. Will your boyfriend be able to handle that? Not all guys can. If your boyfriend has an amazing deepthroat BJ with a new partner, he might start expecting you to do the same thing even though you aren't comfortable with it.

It really depends on how realistic you are. For some people being hedonistic makes it hard to come back from, for others, they have no problem shutting that part of themselves on and off at will.

And then, of course, you have to consider the capabilities of your boyfriend to find new partners. Women tend to have it easier to get laid by strangers than men and that is mostly due to the sheer amount of willing men versus willing women and also due to guys usually being the ones to have to initiate contact and impress the woman.
    Could end up being very one sided if you get all the sexual fun outside of the relationship but your boyfriend ends up not being able to. Then, he may go the more standard route of dating and actually find another woman to have an actual monogamous relationship with.

Weight this decision carefully. Having sex with new partners in all reality doesn't change much. You can still have the same experimental sex with your current partner. The only difference is penis size and the opportunity for threesomes or same-sex experiences. You might actually discover that having some "strange" isn't all it is cracked up to be. In fact, many people do go on to regret it as it is harder for women to get off on an ONS on average and can also have just as many bad experiences as good ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not touching this question with a 40 foot long pole... to me quite honestly what you're talking about is an open relationship... I don't subscribe to that thought as I would know that when you're going somewhere that could mean you're going to go get laid... and I'd feel like shit if that was running through my head day after day after day...

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay together. And enjoy each other. Trust me at that age you won't be together forever. We are intelligent animals with biological needs. At some point in your lives and what people nowadays call "careers" you will meet attractive people that will respond to your physical attraction and sexual marketability. Specially if you have to travel alone without him. I was wanting to "spend the rest of our lives together" once in my life too

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it without the other partner; do it WITH them. Be inclusive, rather than exclusive. You're entering a poly, or swing relationship. It's important that your partner not feel shut out, but rather an important part and a participant. If he (or you!) can't cope, then it's a bad idea.

1|1
    0|0
    • totally agree. you should try different things within the relationship, but with your SO

• Okay, I have never experience this. I had a long term relationship and we kind of got stale. What I would do is just make sure that if you giys do this. That you both do not get jealous or anything. It has to ve a group exercise in which you both trust each other. But also I wish I was dating you because you would be the coolest girlfriend ever!

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish I knew the right answers I thought about this a few years ago but no matter what because that emotional connection is there it's gonna hurt knowing ur partner was with someone else even if it's a mutual agreement

0|0
    0|0
  • have an open relationship but set ground rules and see if that works for you guys until you're both done experiencing what you want to experience

0|0
    0|0
  • If u both are ok with having ur way W/ other people then it is fine BUT MAKE SURE YOU ARE BOTH OK WITH IT

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure how long such sex with strangers will last.. u may need to avoid it..

0|0
    0|0
    • Just a couple of years not for the rest of our lives but a couple of times would be enough

• Show All
    • That's the thing we won't talk about it at all and when the day come if he wants to leave or I want to leave him then it wasn't meant to be because I found something better.

• You both are too young.. have fun see how it's pans out..

• Yes that would work. Do whatever you want

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes