What're the disadvantages of being in a relationship?

I mean having a GF/BF.

Which one feels better?What're the disadvantages of being in a relationship??
  • Being single😯
    Vote A
  • Being in a relationship 😮
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Better alone than being in toxic relationship ^^

0|1
    0|0
    • But if you smart enough you will learn lessons from each type of relationship so even toxic relationships have some kind of advantages
      If you don't interact with people you won't gain experience

Most Helpful Guy

• Loss of freedom
    Advantages - pleasure

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• i think being in a good relationship is vastly superior to being alone.

1|1
    0|0
  • Being in a relationship obviously with someone you love is awesome. They're your best friend & lover. It's nice to have someone who's always there for you vice versa. ❤️ Being single is annoying, that's where you meet the assholes and feel blessed when you find a good man 😂.

0|1
    0|0
  • If there are disadvantages, that's how you know you're in the wrong one. When you get into a good relationship you'll realise relationships are so much better!

0|1
    0|0
  • This question and it's options as an answer confuse me

0|1
    0|0
    • Didn't you read the complete description?

• Show All
    • But if you're asking if being in a relationship is better or if being single is better, both have its pros and cons. I am single and I really like being single. I am talking to someone rn tho :) Anyway, being in a HEALTHY relationship is nice too. Both have its faults tho.

• Yes being in a relationship with someone you love is awesome but there comes a point where I start missing the single life 😂

1|1
    0|0
  • There's a person who might be dependent on you. You're kind of expected to tell them where you are, what you're doing and who you're with most of the time. Being single gives you more freedom.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being in a relationship feels better

0|1
    0|0
  • everything is a disadvantage

0|1
    0|0
  • Pros and cons to both

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• No relationships are ever absolutely guaranteed to last, so to simply put, when you are single you don't have to worry about having somebody to lose, because it's simply that YOU DON'T HAVE ANYBODY TO LOSE.

You'll never have to mope and cry over the loss of a significant other, or that your girlfriend or boyfriend has left you, broken up with you, or ghosted you, or ditched you, or has died, etc., etc. leaving you on your own to grief and suffer much heart break and miseries. I don't see how this can't be a BIG advantage. In fact, you might realize it if you see other people breaking up frequently and divorcing frequently. Just sit back and watch it for yourselves, watch those friends or relatives of yours that take risks of being in relationships or marry and then when things go really bad and it all goes to shit, just watch how it all unfolds. You might get some good laughs or two about it and realize that you are glad as fuck that you never bothered with relationships, etc.

You also don't have to worry about if the other person will cheat on you, or has cheated on you, had lie to you about important things, or is only using you as a means to an end, or screw you over when you least expect them to. You don't have to put up with their habits, share whatever its is that you don't feel comfortable sharing, such as "secrets".

If sharing is your thing, then that's a big reason why you'd want relationships to begin with.

BUT, iIf you absolutely hate sharing or hate relying on somebody else and putting your trust, hopes, faith, etc. into or onto somebody else, then wouldn't it make sense to remain single indefinitely?

You don't have to worry about becoming disappointed or let down, nor pissed off by somebody else that you otherwise would have invested your heart, emotions, time, effort, money$$$, etc., onto.

You're free to choose and decide to live how you want to live on your own. You become independent, or at least you should strive to become independent as that should be your goal if relationships and/or dating aren't.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh, one more thing, you get to save more money also. But that also entirely depends upon what your spending habits are to begin with. Because think about it, sharing your life, etc. with somebody else, it's gonna drive up the cost of your expenses, you'll have to buy gifts, dine out, buy better clothes, whatever it is in order to keep up and maintain the relationship for a very long time.

• Being in a relationship is surely better
    Unfortunately, I'm single lol😢

0|1
    0|0
  • Lack of personal space and time. One looses their friends and many more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like being in a good relationship but some can be real shitty and you can't see it and then bam two years in that shitty relationship and a waste of your life

0|1
    0|0
  • I only say in a relationship because I’ve always been single

0|1
    0|0
  • Being single

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes