How do I respond?

Ok... so this is kind of a long story but I'm hoping someone will be patient enough to read this for me...
Here goes..
Alright so about 2 years ago i met a guy i absolutely fell in love with at first sight.
He took notice to me pretty quick as well, since we both work anime conventions we would always be working together which made us grow closer.
Eventually i would come to know his likes, dislikes, things he absolutely hated, things he absolutely loved, places he wanted to see, love interest, etc.
And despite wanting to be with him.. I was happy enough with at least being able to get to know him as a person and build a great connection. It did kind of suck knowing though that he wasn't intrested in me as much as i was to him..
But gradually over a year we would date other people and seem to be fine with it. Until recently.. Things kind of took a turn where say i will be dating someone and suddenly he starts developing feelings for me.. But then when he would start dating and i became single.. i would have serious feelings for him.. but he would no longer be available because then he would be dating someone 😒
I don't know after a while it starts feeling a bit repetitive.. almost kind of annoying but.. I built patience so it didn't bother me all that bad.. It just kind of sucked..
WELLLLL SKIP AHEAD A BIT..
Last night i went out with him and our buddy and they were drinking, i was the designated chaperone of the night, eventually we got back to the house and.. then it happened..
He told me "I think I'm falling in love with you... but I'm not sure" <-----
I just kind of blew it off... I didn't know how to respond... He seemed pretty sad when i told him that "he was drunk, it was time for bed, but i loved him too" (we've always said i love you to each other)
But anyways this morning he woke up, sober, and told me he meant what he said last night... /.\ so i see now he was serious... But honestly i don't know what to say. I want to tell him i feel the same.. but how do i say it?

12