When you have a boyfriend, who should be your #1 priority, boyfriend or best friend?

• boyfriend
    Vote A
  • best friend
    Vote B
  • neither
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't make someone your boyfriend unless he is ALREADY your #1 priority. Problem solved. He shouldn't magically become your #1 priority just because you put a new title on your relationship with him. It should be something far pre-established.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless he puts a ring on it, your boyfriend is replaceable and you've gotta understand that mindset if you want him to respect you. Don't be impossible, but don't ditch your best friend over a boy.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Close friends always come first. Within reason of course. Just because you're dating someone doesn't mean they have to put you over people they've known for years. It's not a fair expectation. BUT, there is a reasonable expectation for them to prioritize you in certain circumstances relating to your relationship such as dates, birthdays and the like.

0|0
    0|0
  • You 11 guys who selfishley put yourself above your partners friends should be ashamed, girls need their friends as much as their boyfriends. My sister has a boyfriend but she also has a life long friend who she likes spending time with, a guy should never force a girl to give up time with her friends just to please himself.

0|0
    0|0
  • The truth is that friends are there no matter what, not all but most are, but a bf/gf can leave and if you don't have anyone close like a best friend... It's a really hard time

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. A new boyfriend or casual relationship should probably be second-to-friends but a serious one should be put first.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your partner has like 40% priority, your close friends should be at 39%
    Less, but not by much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be 50/50.

0|0
    0|0
  • None.. Your true blood family should

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• My boyfriend is my best friend. Problem solved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yourself should be the #1 priority, and then family, friends and s/o depends on their role in your life

0|0
    0|0
  • With my current best friend I put her first but with my ex best friend I put my boyfriend first so it kinda depends on how close you and your best friend are

0|0
    0|0
  • neither. your life's purpose should be your #1 priority.

0|0
    0|0
  • Call me crazy, but I think your number 1 priority should be yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • #1 priority should always be yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • You should be your number one priority

0|0
    0|0
  • Yourself