This guy said he would date me but not be in a relationship with me. Is this worth it?

He said his main reason for not wanting to be in a relationship with me is because I live with my mom. I'm in school and working a crappy part time job, and I can't really afford to be on my own.

Is he even worth dating?
Updates:
I guess I don't understand how I'm good enough to date and possibly have sex with but not be with seriously when I'm working to improve my life.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He's worth hanging out with for the present. It shows you that there are certain things he values in a partner and from the sound of it he doesn't believe you're ready for a full fledged relationship, even so he wants to get to know you for your character better before making final judgements. I think in a certain regard he's acting wisely in wanting to take things slow for the present rather than rushing into a relationship due to feelings or simply because you are kind of interested in each other.

0|0
    0|1
    • Yes, he believes people need to have their lives together before they jump into relationships. I believe if people are right for each other they can grow and learn together.

• Show All
    • And if I don't have my own place, how can sexual needs be satisfied?

• oh... my bad, I didn't know that aspect was on the table and quite frankly while I still think it stands that it can be wise to hold off on a relationship until you know what you want to do with your life... I must say my initial thoughts on this guy have been dramatically changed knowing that. If I may take back my former statement... no he isn't worth dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• no. lame excuse. you dont need your own place to be in a relationship you can have sex at his place

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• He just wants sex and will leave you as soon as he gets it

1|2
    0|0
  • say goodbye to him because that's the first thing he's going to do to you 3 minutes after you have 2 minutes sex with him it's not worth it you're thinking ahead keep going forward don't allow somebody to lead you need yourself like you're doing I guarantee it after that 3 minutes did he walked away you don't like yourself for a few days don't allow that to happen

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the point in dating, if it doesn't develop into relationship? It all smells with "I want to have sex with her".

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe, you can always give it a try and see how it works, it may be a good way to get into that world, like giving it a try and seeing how everything goes and happens and how you react to all of that

0|0
    0|1
  • So basically he wants to fuck you but not a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just wants sex

1|1
    0|0
  • Nah move on before you give your heart away

1|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes