This guy said he would date me but not be in a relationship with me. Is this worth it?

He said his main reason for not wanting to be in a relationship with me is because I live with my mom. I'm in school and working a crappy part time job, and I can't really afford to be on my own.

Is he even worth dating?
I guess I don't understand how I'm good enough to date and possibly have sex with but not be with seriously when I'm working to improve my life.

18

Most Helpful Guy

• He's worth hanging out with for the present. It shows you that there are certain things he values in a partner and from the sound of it he doesn't believe you're ready for a full fledged relationship, even so he wants to get to know you for your character better before making final judgements. I think in a certain regard he's acting wisely in wanting to take things slow for the present rather than rushing into a relationship due to feelings or simply because you are kind of interested in each other.

• Yes, he believes people need to have their lives together before they jump into relationships. I believe if people are right for each other they can grow and learn together.

• And if I don't have my own place, how can sexual needs be satisfied?

• oh... my bad, I didn't know that aspect was on the table and quite frankly while I still think it stands that it can be wise to hold off on a relationship until you know what you want to do with your life... I must say my initial thoughts on this guy have been dramatically changed knowing that. If I may take back my former statement... no he isn't worth dating.

Most Helpful Girl

• no. lame excuse. you dont need your own place to be in a relationship you can have sex at his place