Does he still have feelings for his ex-girlfriend?

Ok, guys. I've been dating a guy for about 2 1/2 months. We've both been married (to other people) before. I'm divorced with a 4 year old. He has a baby with his ex-girlfriend. They dated for 11 months - they broke up when she was about 3 months pregnant. He said they were not getting along... everything he did annoyed her and he was tired of the constant fighting. She moved to Ireland and he lives in the U. S. He is visiting her and their baby in Ireland right now for 10 days. My issue is that he is staying with her in her studio apartment. In a studio, of course, there are no bedrooms. He says he is sleeping on a futon. To me, this seems like a perfect storm for a hookup to occur. Or, I could just be paranoid. Also, he has not told her he is seeing me. He facetimes her, and I was at his house one time when he facetimed her and their son. He did this in front of me (props to him), but wanted me to be quiet and stay off screen. At one point I heard her ask him what he is doing for Thanksgiving and he said he and his brother were spending it together. In actuality, we had already made plans (that did in fact happen) for him to meet my family for Thanksgiving. He said he did not want her to know we were dating because he will be staying with her in Ireland. ? Why not tell her we're dating? Why hide it? Does he still have feelings for her or am I being paranoid? I appreciate your input in advance!

96

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like he may want to keep it quiet because bringing up a new girl could make her mad enough that she may not let him see his son. It doesn't sound like he would go there to hookup. He probably want a to spend as much time as he can with his son. I don't think you should be too worried but maybe express your concerns about him keeping you quiet and if he truly wants to be with you he will be honest about it all

• You are naive. He wants to bang her. Saying he has a girlfriend will prevent or lesson his chance of getting laid.