Boyfriend slacking in school and recently fired from work, partially because of me. What to do?

he's often late for class/work because he wants to stay up late talking to me, then oversleeps. Or he's often late from his class/work breaks because he wants to talk to me. I often push him to stop and tell him that he can talk to me later but he chooses not to put us on hold. I mean its sweet bt i take school seriously and now knowing he's fired from work bothers me. Should i become more strict and setup up a talk/sleep schedule?
  • Boyfriend slacking in school and recently fired from work, partially because of me. What to do?Set up a time schedule to help him balance things
  • Boyfriend slacking in school and recently fired from work, partially because of me. What to do?Let him do him, he's responsible for his actions
  • Boyfriend slacking in school and recently fired from work, partially because of me. What to do?I totally understand why he’s late
    Vote C
  • Boyfriend slacking in school and recently fired from work, partially because of me. What to do?Its your fault for not hanging up first
    Vote D
  • Boyfriend slacking in school and recently fired from work, partially because of me. What to do?Break up so he can focus
    Vote E
I guess i dont push him away as much (by hanging up/not answering calls) is because if its not me he's focusin on, then its videogames or anime. Either way, he puts school and work last everytime and I don't know how to motivate him. Im not the best expert on jobs (since i quit mine due to stress and suicidal thoughts) but i was a total overachiever in HS and college and want him to at least do good in one of the two
Thanks for the opinions guys. We’re in a lonng distance relationship, so i guess its hard to let go when you have to go months of just chatting. Even our fams feel we’re on the phone too much. We basically talk for like 1-2 hours in the morning, 1-2 hours in the afternoon then like from 10pm-2am. So i’ll try to cut it down some. On days he has to get up early (6-8) i guess i’ll try to subtract 7 good hours from that time to cut our phone call short

1130

Most Helpful Guys

• Awwww , so cute. 😄 .. no don't tell him anything. It's ok to think about yourself in this situation , because it will help him. Tell him when you are tired ho to sleep. You can get much more done with more rest , and he will as well. 👍 good luck. The simple things count, i say this to myself a lot when i think to much--> kiss K-keep/// I-it ///S-simple ///S-stupid (Not really calling myself stupit , just a way to help relax, and think things threw) 🤓

• And, I totally understand why he is late..

• Hahaha thats totally him

• Ha ha , he loves you , a lot 😍

• I vote C... he's totally in love and love makes blind.
    However, you'll have to insist that he acts more responsibly. His job is also important for both of you to be happy together :D
    No employer will change for him, he'll have to find a compromise between being with you and getting enough sleep / respecting the end of his break.
    It's certainly not yo fault and you certainly shouldn't break up if you love him!

• Thank you ❤️

• No problem Desi. I really hope you can sort it out - I can feel with my eyes closed you love the guy to pieces!!

Most Helpful Girls

• You can’t blame yourself. He needs to be more responsible. I think the question is, do you want to be with someone they irresponsible. You’re still young and that’s all fine and dandy now. Once he’s into a real career and done with school. He can’t do doing all this shit. He’s going to have to pay bills, car pymts, house or rent pymts, utilities. And he’s just okay waking up late and showing up to class and work late because he wants to sit up and talk? He’s going to end up being 40 living with his parents because he can’t take care of himself, which means he certainly won’t be able to take care of you. You better learn how to start hanging up the phone, girl. He needs to pull his shit together real quick.

• I mean he's def more independent than me. But i just dont wanna feel im to blame. And even if i hang up the phone he’ll still staybup playin video games

• He needs to be responsible for his school work and work life. And if he can't do so while dating with you, then you need to end the relationship. That way, you can't be used as an excuse. Don't do like my close friend has done. It only hurt her in the end.

• I mean he didn't blame me, im blaming myself. But i know im not the only reason, and i really dont wanna break up :( but this kinda happened witth his last job too. They didn't fire him but they didn't ask him to stick around after his seasonal position because he was often late to work

• Well im shocked we’re still goin. I feared we’d burnout too but we’re doin good and its been like 7 months already

• No, that's because both of you just like to talk a lot. But again, you need to cool it down. Because it is affecting his life in general, and the last thing you don't need is for this to continue to go on. What future is he going to have if this is just ripping him apart because of this relationship? This is what it means to make sacrifices.