What would you say to a man who tells you not to expect flowers from him?

He said this on the first date. He doesn’t want to start giving flowers so that I won’t expect them.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. He sounds like a gentleman.
    That's the most stupid thing to say to a girl. On the first date. Lol. at least he could have saved it after the third date.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't expect flowers, but I think it would be rude to say something like that, it's basically like saying don't expect any sweet gestures from me

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly. I didn’t expect them. I was just happy to be on the date getting to know him. I think that was rude to come out of nowhere.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Seems a bit of a character statement that he'd come out with that on date 1. I get it why, they are fleeting waste of money, but to shut that down on date 1 is not only presumptuous it's just weird cocky

1|0
    0|0
  • If he's that cheap and shallow dump him like a sack of garbage. Flowers or not he's saying he is not going out of his way for you and if he ain't got the money to take you out he shouldn't ask you out.

1|0
    0|0
  • he is just being honest, dont expect him to be as romantic as in films, i would say it the same way

0|0
    1|1
    • Most of the girls like romantic guys. If u say u are not romantic, u basically blow your chances. Just don't mention it.

• Show All
    • and yes, i agree with you, sometimes i am too honest and people get mad at me, but they also come back to me after they cooled down and tell me that i was right and thank me for thaz

• Why are you insulting me now?

• ' why do you feel the need to tell me this?'

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't want a man to give me flowers

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He's either just rude or a very, very unexperienced, clueless guy. He doesn't need to buy you flowers or anything, but no need to say that. Total turn off. I'd tell him not to expect sex from me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes