What is the MINIMUM number of times you would expect someone to contact you if they were interested in you?

What's the frequency below which you would assume disinterest, regardless of the means (text, phone call, IM, etc.) Assume it's not someone you see during the course of your day, so one of you has to reach out.What is the MINIMUM number of times you would expect someone to contact you if they were interested in you?
  • Every couple weeks
    Vote A
  • Once a week
    Vote B
  • 2-3 times a week
    Vote C
  • Once a day
    Vote D
  • 2-3 times a day
    Vote E
  • Every hour
    Vote F
  • See results
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• We live in a busy world. I would not expect anyone to contact me daily or more. I can tell by the message syntax, or the sound of their word-choice if they are interested, being friendly or simply communicating.

1|0
    0|0
    • So at what point do you think, hey, she forgot me?

• When his conversations with you seem like they are less interesting on his part and fewer and farther between. That is how it usually works.

• Let me make this more concrete. I met a guy. We had one date that went really well. He said he wanted to see me again but then I heard nothing for a full week. Would it be unreasonable to think he was just being polite and lost interest?

At what point do you personally think, "This person's a flake?"

Most Helpful Girl

• I rather be alone ignored. I don't know what love feels like.

1|0
    0|0
    • So if someone said they wanted to date you, at what point do you feel ignored?

• Since day 1. I had someone ask me out only to get money out of me. What scum.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• ya that's a good question...
    I think if interesting for the most part daily... sure we can skip days... sure we don't have to talk forever or too long... or not even talk at all...

but some type of communication is important... No matter how busy a day is... I can't imagine not thinking about her when I'm going to bed and have like 2 mins before passing out... I always always do...
    she's the last and first thing I think of... so Ill always contact her

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless they want to hang out, I don't assume interest. There should be no how many times. If you get along and it's not one sided then see where it goes

1|0
    0|0
    • So what if they say, "yes, I really want to see you, let's get together" but then you don't hear from them right away. How long would it take before you assume they lost interest. A week?

• Show All
    • My point is if they don't make an effort within a week to follow up, then they didn't mean it.

• This is, sadly, and all too common experience, especially when you're doing online dating. People will say they want to get together and not follow through and your kind of left wondering. My personal cut off is a week. I spent way too much time waiting around for someone and being disappointed.

• It isn't about the number of times, but with which goal in mind.

Basically it need to be to see me.

1|0
    0|0
  • 2-3 times a week in the initial stages seems about right. I figure I'd call her on, let's say, 9A on Tuesday and if & when she responds I'd call her back Thursday afternoon for weekend plans.

1|0
    0|0
  • 2 to 3 times a week

1|0
    0|0
  • Once a day or so, depends on the situation

1|0
    0|0
  • 2-3 times a week

1|0
    0|0
  • Once a day