How many of you here have canceled a date at the last minute? And why?

I'll leave anon open 😛
  • I have
    Vote A
  • I have not
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't but I have told a guy I wasn't going out with him when he met up with me. There was 5 other people in his car- there wasn't even anywhere for me to sit! Plus two of them were girls, one was a 12 year old kid and two guys.
    I told him off and went home. "romantic date" my ass.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I have cancelled a date at the last minute as going back I was set up by someone to go on a blind date and I did not know anything about the date and never talked to her but for some reason a little before I was supposed to go on the blind date I texted my buddy and I told him I am not going unless you send me a photo of her and that was the biggest mistake and he sent me a photo of the blind date and I looked at it and almost threw up and called him and told him, "Fuck you if you think I am going to meet that and tell her I am not showing up ever"!!!

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 31

• Yeah, found out dude was also trying to fuck my sister. Confronted him and canceled that shit.

0|2
    0|1
  • Never at last minute if i cancel i let them know in advance.

0|1
    0|0
  • I once was going with a guy, got in his car got a bad feeling and then claimed my mom was having a health emergency and made him take me back home. Spent maybe two minutes with him and changed my mind.

0|1
    0|0
    • what was it that gave you a bad feeling?

• Show All
    • very good then.

• Avoiding guys

• Almost did once because he had a hangover before our second date... I think that is not the best impression when we were barely starting and it makes me feel like the guy is inconsiderate of me. He was also coming in 20 mins late. But I did not cancel because I gave him props for still trying to make it nonetheless.

0|1
    0|0
  • A guy selling beauty products in the mall was really polite to me while he explained the products and was subtly flirtatious, but when I agreed to add him on Facebook he started sending really forward and cringy messages. It was like he was taking lines from every cliche steamy romance novel and shooting them at me and it was incredibly uncomfortable and overwhelming, totally inappropriate for someone he'd just met

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't as I have never been asked out on a date 😂 let alone only had conversation in person to about 4 guys all my life one being my boyfriend. Yes I have a boyfriend but we never really did the date thing really haha.

0|1
    0|0
  • I did once. I had a good reason though. He asked me out Tuesday, the date was Friday night, but I got sick late Friday afternoon. He was so sweet, though. He brought my soup and 7up, and got me a few magazines and rented me some movies!

1|1
    0|0
  • Not quite last minute, but the same day. Because I met someone I really liked the night before.

0|1
    0|0
    • how into the first guy were you when you agreed to go with him?

• Show All
    • ok but what if he was destroyed by it?

• Then I'm sorry that life happens. I was polite. I was honest and he said it was fine. I didn't just not show up.

• Refused to perform the day before our performance. I didn't want to be the only girl on stage especially when our squad is all tall and muscular guys it's awkward. Interestingly, I'm the one that taught the performance to my squad and I refused lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once I went on a date just because I promised. I didn't want to go at all. In the end it was awful, since the guy got his hopes mistakenly high (well, not that much since it was my fault). I felt kinda of bad after that...

0|1
    0|0
  • Social anxiety, or I was tired or I didn't really want to go since I wasn't really into him so I just made an excuse to get out of it

0|1
    0|0
    • If you really weren't into him why did you say yes to begin with?

• Show All
    • not all guys do that. Did you ever try telling him flat out no?

• Yeah, I did. And he kept asking why and saying he could make me like him. I know all guys aren't like that. But some are a

• I’m sure I have. It’s been awhile since I’ve dated.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have because i learned something about him that I didn't like so I changed my mind about seeing him.

0|1
    0|0
  • Couple times - once because I got the vibe that he just wanted sex, once because he didn't understand slightly advanced English and once because I realised the only thing he had going for him was his abs.

0|1
    0|0
  • Something more important came up and it even more so for the first few meetings.
    However you need to compensate otherwise you loose credibility.

0|1
    0|0
  • Regretted my decision or couldn't make it. Mostly the first one.

0|1
    0|0
    • Why did you regret the decision for one of them?

• At first it seemed like it could really work out and be fun but the more we talked the days prior, I noticed it was going to be awkward because we didn't really click so i kinda bailed.

• No I haven’t. I feel is disrespectful. I’d only do it if it were a life or feather situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • The guy did to babysit his own brther whos 13 wow...

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had that happen to me, but it makes sense why. Having to go to the hospital tends to do that to dates.

0|1
    0|0
  • Couldnt get a sitter or was sick and didn't want to sneeze and cough on him all night.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 13

• hummmm ya probably... id probably just be honest and say I don't feel like being out right now... which is probably the truth lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Car accident. I was in the hospital, which is no place for a date. :)

1|1
    0|0
  • I canceled a first date last minute because i came to my sense that she was way out of my league

0|1
    0|0
    • When i did it, i did it as nice as i could, i apologized and told the truth why. we still talked for a while and became sorta friends but went quiet after a while.

• I canceled a date the day before because the woman revealed that she actually had no intention of having a date with me at the time as she did not in fact end things with a previous relationship that she did not mention until that day before. For some reason, not only did she not ever say anything about a boyfriend but it never came up. They did not talk for over a month and she still held on. She still expected to go out with me, and have me pay for her meal. I am glad she happened to been upfront before i wasted my time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah - shit happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • cause I was a terrible human being.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have not

0|1
    0|0
  • I have not because I have not had a date.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't date.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have

0|1
    0|0
  • None

0|1
    0|0
  • Work, found out she was just using me to get there.

0|1
    0|0
  • YES! I had to go to FurryCon with my best friend and my girlfriend wasn't interested.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes