2nd date and he hasn't kissed me, are guys afraid to mess up on the first kiss?

We went on a date for the second time and he hasn't kissed me. we went to watch a movie and he put his hand on my thigh. So in return I rested my head on his arm. He did tell me he was going to kiss me that day of the second date but he didn't do it. Why? We are going on a 3rd date... so we will see. Are guys afraid to mess up on the first kiss?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahahaha sounds like me on my first date with my now Girlfriend of 3 years :")
    Nervous? Yes
    Wanting to time it right? Yes
    Wanting to make sure you kiss back? Yes

You know, there's no harm in helping him and by this I mean doing something like the you go 50% and he goes 50% type thing, on my 2nd date with My Girlfriend I ended up kissing her on her forehead :") We joke about that even till today haha
    He's probably just nervous, going on more dates does mean he's interested so don't be put off, if anything, find it reassuring knowing that he care enough to not want to rush or move too fast!

Also My Girlfriend is on here, maybe she can help more haha @soccerchick4eva

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He's probably nervous he'll fuck up or something and you might not kiss back. My boyfriend was super nervous and wanted to take things slow bc he was afraid he'd mess up. That's why he took five or six dates just to kiss me lol guys kiss a girl at different rates, and it's not always the same with every girl. So don't worry if it's your third date and he didn't kiss you yet. He'll eventually get there.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I know that the ladies who commented below are saying that he wants to take it slow, or something, but the guys below hit it head on. As a guy I really want to kiss but we get nervous that we could get rejected, and that it will mess up the whole date!

Try warming him up more, and be like "you got such cute lips" or something cheesy, and if needed tell him "you should kiss me". I know super awkward, but some guys can be kinda shy when it comes to that. Trust me, you got this! ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • So you planned to kiss on the second, planned! And you didn't follow the plan! Ouuff, dunno what to say, can't believe the planning was for nothing, planned!
    But chill, the 3rd will suffice I'm sure, just go with it, don't spend your date with 'the kiss' in the back of your mind, it'll come, chill

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow... what a way seal that deal Romeo. Anyway, What he did was pretty messed up, but he might not of done for malicious intent alone. You should go talk to him, If you haven't already and find out why he did that. Good Luck to you and blooming romance.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is afraid to move faster than you want. He is looking for permission to kiss you. just tell him he can...

0|1
    0|0
  • As others have said, he's afraid of messing it up. I think it a good sign that he put his hand on your thigh.

Do you want to kiss him (first)?

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys worry how the kiss will turn out that's why they won't make the move. With me and my ex girlfriends we just let everything slide into place.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Are guys afraid to mess up on the first kiss?"
    -Exactly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just wait he might not want to move yet he is still trying to get to know you if you really want to get a kiss then you should make your move

0|0
    0|0
  • He is afraid of fucking up, just guide him and he will come through.

0|0
    0|0
  • He nerves are fried. You probably have to intitiate it if you're interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • First kiss is always awkward!! So just go with it!! 😊

0|0
    0|0
    • It doesn't have to, but you have to be drunk a little and both In the same mood. One of my few experiences.

• And some guys are just really scared to kiss the girl. But just help him a little

0|0
    0|0
  • Im afraid to mess up on the first kiss yea

0|0
    0|0
  • You're lucky to have this guy.
    Some guys kisses on first date.
    Remember a guy who's in love will be afraid to do anything which can make a woman upset.
    If I love my girl I will be afraid if she will judge me for kissing her early.
    So if you want to kiss him start from your side
    One thing can be that it's his first kiss. So don't be much angry if he's not that good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course guys are afraid.

There's no reason you couldn't have gone for it yourself.

He probably was waiting for some perfect moment for everything to click. But the "let it happen naturally" thing is really more of a thing girls say. If you're a guy going for the kiss there's days of planning that goes into it. Girls just don't notice.

0|0
    0|0
    • Days of planning... very interesting

• @redlolliepop Mhm, it's not a strict plan of action, more like a flexible strategy that sets up windows of opportunity and if everything goes right and you see the opportunity then you can go for it. A lot of effort goes into making it feel effortless and natural. lol

• Please add your opinion to my question. I like what you have to say

• He's probably just nervous about it by the sound of it. I guess you could make it easier by either kissing him yourself or making it obvious with your body language that you want to e. g. get close, cuddle with him and look him in the eyes whil staying silent. Maybe try the triangle gaze where you look in each of his eyes, flick your eyes down to his lips and then look him in the eyes again. If that doesn't make it obvious what's on your mind he's a retard.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Planning your first kiss killed the moment. You just kiss when the time is right. There’s no more thrill to the first since you already expecting it to happen. If you don’t want to be disappointed, don’t expect anything. Good luck on your third date. 🌹

0|0
    0|0
  • Kiss him. Problem solved.

It's very easy. While you're walking along, stop, put your arms around his neck and pull him in for a deep kiss.

Sometimes the opportunity can be hard to find. I was on a date and the guy just said "I really need to kiss you now" so we did.

You make the opportunity.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he just wants to take slow and keep getting to know you. He could also be nervous about it, just give him some time or you kiss him when the moment is right

0|0
    0|0
  • That could be it or he might be waiting for the perfect time when you are not expecting it you know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe he doesn't want to kiss your ugly ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just taking it slow

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no need to worry honestly. I'm not a guy, but my boyfriend and I didn't kiss for almost two months after we got together. Of course we wanted to, but were afraid that if we immediately jumped into the more physical stuff that the real reason for the relationship, communication and friendship while mutually being attracted to each other, would be jeopardized.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes