2nd date and he hasn't kissed me, are guys afraid to mess up on the first kiss?

We went on a date for the second time and he hasn't kissed me. we went to watch a movie and he put his hand on my thigh. So in return I rested my head on his arm. He did tell me he was going to kiss me that day of the second date but he didn't do it. Why? We are going on a 3rd date... so we will see. Are guys afraid to mess up on the first kiss?

817

Most Helpful Guy

• Hahahaha sounds like me on my first date with my now Girlfriend of 3 years :")
    Nervous? Yes
    Wanting to time it right? Yes
    Wanting to make sure you kiss back? Yes

You know, there's no harm in helping him and by this I mean doing something like the you go 50% and he goes 50% type thing, on my 2nd date with My Girlfriend I ended up kissing her on her forehead :") We joke about that even till today haha
    He's probably just nervous, going on more dates does mean he's interested so don't be put off, if anything, find it reassuring knowing that he care enough to not want to rush or move too fast!

Also My Girlfriend is on here, maybe she can help more haha @soccerchick4eva

Most Helpful Girl

• He's probably nervous he'll fuck up or something and you might not kiss back. My boyfriend was super nervous and wanted to take things slow bc he was afraid he'd mess up. That's why he took five or six dates just to kiss me lol guys kiss a girl at different rates, and it's not always the same with every girl. So don't worry if it's your third date and he didn't kiss you yet. He'll eventually get there.