My friends don't like the guy I'm seeing?

I recently met this guy through mutual friends, and he made it pretty clear soon after we met that he was interested in me. The only problem is that a lot of our mutual friends don't like him very much. One of them straight out loathes him. Apparently he's led on/tried to manipulate other girls in the friend group before, and he's very egotistical, which makes him self-centered (from what I've heard). He's always been very nice to me though, so I can't tell if this is just an act or not. My friends do know this guy better than me though, and I trust them, so should I consider this a red flag?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen to your friends. I had a guy friend who tried with a girl like that. She was nice at first but slowly showed her true self to him. Latter being able to obviously manipulate him in public. When ever we mentioned how much she manipulate s him. He only defended her and wanted her more. Poeple in love won't listen so listen before you completely fall for him.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't let other people's opinions dictate your love life. You're a big girl and you can choose to find out what he's like for yourself instead of listening to everyone else. If they have a problem with that, fuck em. And if he does turn out to be shit, just kick him to the curb.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I've seen many very hurt women who didn't listen to their friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • You say that he's allegedly done this to more than one girl in your group before.

That sounds pretty red flaggish to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • This sounds like a red flag and you may want proceed with caution with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like they are jealous. screw the friends!

0|0
    0|0
  • I know that if my friends didn't like a girl I was dating, it'd play a MAJOR factor in to whether I continued dating her or not

0|0
    0|0
  • Just get new friends

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• My friends never liked my boyfriend and ex boyfriend. I Don't like my friends boyfriend but I don't go out on Facebook to text. I not interested

0|0
    0|0
  • It's basically your choice & your decision, but I would be a bit careful in your place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get to know him make your own opinion

0|1
    0|1
    • can't change a fuckboi ya know but i agree

• Yeah.. But honestly people judge so quick without knoeing the whole story

• They're warning you so procede with caution

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't see him again

0|0