How long would you be willing to wait to get a response on at text from someone who is extremely busy?

Been interested in a girl, she works full time, has 3 kids, and is finishing a college class this past week. Normally we've texted every day except for one time she became extremely busy with family over Thanksgiving where I heard nothing the whole weekend. She apologized about that. Now, a couple nights ago we exchanged a few texts, I knew she was trying to get things done with school so told her I was going to let her get things done. We exchanged another text a little later.

The next day, Wednesday, I texted, asking about getting together Sunday if she could make arrangements, since I was going to be in the area. We had been talking about a first date, but we hadn't figured out when yet. I got no response.

Here it is, Thursday night, I have heard nothing from her. I'm not sure if she has been really that busy not to respond, if she is trying to figure things out possibly, or if suddenly she just ghosted me.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• If you said you'd let her have the time she needs for school and then text her the next day about meeting etc. (Aka not small talk) she might be pissed or just too busy to talk. Give her more time...

• What I had told her was that evening I was going to give her her time, that I figured she needed to work on things. Other than that, I didn't continue to bother her, as I knew she had to have everything turned in on Friday. I know there's a lot of possibilities as to what happened, and I know that today she is now done with school. I completely left her alone the past couple days. I figure, if I text her again, I'm not going to bring up anything about asking her out or why I didn't hear from her. At the same time, I'm not going to just send some random pointless text like "how are you"