Is it bad that I'm dating an almost 18 year old?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first how old are you? Secondly as long as y'all are not being sexual (given only if you are under 18) nothing is wrong with it as long as you care for other rude opinions as I was an 18 year old who dated a 15 year old and I got a lot of shit for it even though we dated for 5 years leading up to that point

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats like a 3 years gap. So thats fine. I dont really think age matters once both the partners reaches sexual, emotional and mental maturity
    But the thing is, you have to keep in mind that its not legal for the 18 year old you are dating to have sexual realtionship with you. You are free to have a relationship but the sexual relationship is something you might have to face the consequences of.

You have to accept the fact that you are not yet fully emotionally mature. It will take at least 2-4 years more depending on person to person. You might be sexually mature but these rules are made because emotional maturity IS VERY IMPORTANT.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Again, this is only true if OP is from the US. Just keep that in mind. You'd be surprised about the laws in my home country xD

• @Dinnye001 Of course. But I think the logic behind this law is valid. I mean you do need to be physcially, mentally and emoitionally before having a sexual realtionship. I don't think a realtionship between a 15 year old and a 18 year old by default means its physical.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Why are you asking us if it's bad? Don't you know?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bit weird in my opinion you're a bit young for me I was different at 15 and 18 but actually not that much I think it's okay, as long as you like each other and don't have too many problems, my girlfriend is 6 years older than me we're coool

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you're careful, know what you want and he respects that, sure, go for it. Just watch out he doesn't turn into an asshole as soon as you're getting into the more private stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • No. 17 year old boys often have 14 or 15 year old girlfriends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever floats your goat. As long as it is legal in terms of age of consent, you do whatever you wish to.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes its bad, because that 18 year old will engage you, in having sex with him and other dirty creepy stuff

0|0
    0|1
    • How is sex creepy?

• Show All
    • @Decentguy are you from the US? If so, I understand. But you do realize that of OP is not from the US, chances are that the age of consent is 14, 15 or 16.

• @Dinnye001im not from the US and i couldn't care less of the age of consent. i will always find a adult having sex with a underage of 15 disgusting

• Unless you're close to 16 yeah a guy who would be 15 to just about 17 would be fine

0|0
    0|0
    • He's 18 on Tuesday

• Show All
    • How long till your 16? If it's a month or so maybe but I'd talk with him about this

• Oh true

• If he turns 18 and you are still having sex, is it rape in your country?

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as there is no sexual content happening you'll be fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Good for you bad for him... Or was it the other way around?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine as long as you're of legal age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it weird that I might date an 18 year old?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It's not

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm 17 and I'm dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely no, do whatever you want

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Not at all. Honestly, it depends on the maturity of both of you. I've seen a 15 year old and a 21 year old resulting in marriage, I've seen it all. Don't sweat it, but if you're asking us - chances are that you don't feel confident or comfortable in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever makes you happy dear.

0|0
    1|0
  • No its natural to date older. When you turn 16 you can marry

0|0
    0|0
  • If you get along well, nothing bad

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes