Is it bad that I'm dating an almost 18 year old?

517

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first how old are you? Secondly as long as y'all are not being sexual (given only if you are under 18) nothing is wrong with it as long as you care for other rude opinions as I was an 18 year old who dated a 15 year old and I got a lot of shit for it even though we dated for 5 years leading up to that point

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats like a 3 years gap. So thats fine. I dont really think age matters once both the partners reaches sexual, emotional and mental maturity
    But the thing is, you have to keep in mind that its not legal for the 18 year old you are dating to have sexual realtionship with you. You are free to have a relationship but the sexual relationship is something you might have to face the consequences of.

You have to accept the fact that you are not yet fully emotionally mature. It will take at least 2-4 years more depending on person to person. You might be sexually mature but these rules are made because emotional maturity IS VERY IMPORTANT.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Again, this is only true if OP is from the US. Just keep that in mind. You'd be surprised about the laws in my home country xD

• @Dinnye001 Of course. But I think the logic behind this law is valid. I mean you do need to be physcially, mentally and emoitionally before having a sexual realtionship. I don't think a realtionship between a 15 year old and a 18 year old by default means its physical.