Could you date someone socially awkward?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, but only if he was open with me , and I could easily get close to him .

If a guy is difficult to get close to then I distance myself. I need a guy to open up to me about himself, his life and his feelings. I don't care if he's awkward around other people , as long as he isn't with me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 25

• I don't know how that could be a bad thing?
    they wouldn't say anything around the families and we can keep things under wraps

plus there are no friends of his i should really worry about and i can have him all to myself

0|0
    0|0
    • One of the most common versions of "socially awkward" is when the person just doesn't know when to shut her/his trap. With all the resultant embarrassment.

• Show All
    • @redeyemindtricks Exactly. I know someone who is socially awkward and is incredibly rude. Most socially awkward people are that way because they're so insecure and troubled. Shyness is way different than social awkwardness.

• @Prima_Dana “Most socially awkward people are that way because they're so insecure and troubled”

^^ That can be a thing... but... the cause-effect arrow almost certainly points in both directions (and, often, points mainly the other way).
      meaning, lots of socially awkward people BECOME insecure and troubled BECAUSE of their poor social skills. esp if they also happen to live somewhere where everyone kinda knows everyone, and where there aren’t lots of opportunities to “socialize” with groups of people who share some common esoteric interest of theirs.

most of the socially awkward people I know had the common thread of growing up... under-socialized with their peers.
      homeschooled kids are the worst, in this way — I’ve met lots of homeschooled Americans (mostly from spending 6 years living abroad) and, tbh, almost NONE of them were rlly... ••normal••.
      I’ve also seen it with kids who had overprotectve helicopter parents.

• Honestly, no. I like quirkiness but I hate when a guy is socially awkward. He'd embarrass the hell out of me every time we are around other people. Sometimes, being socially awkward means that you can be rude and obnoxious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Awkward is okay, so log as he's kind and social to begin with. Antisocial or socially inept wouldn't work for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he’s a little socially awkward, yes. Socially inept, no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course! I'm socially awkward too! I have terrible social skills, but that doesn't stop me from talking to everyone!

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. i am too and it's painful so i'd understand them all to well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m an extrovert I love people I talk way too much etc but socially awkward people are my favorite I would definitely date a socially awkward person

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm socially awkward and my husband is a very outgoing and always wants to be around people lol

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as their not socially awkward around me it's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • I married an extreme introvert who has no real social skills.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure. I'm a bit socially awkward, was way worse when I was younger, and I don't want my kids to be like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am socially awkward so I can understand what’s going on in their mind when I approach them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm socially awkward myself so we could be awkward together!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes weirdos, geeks, freaks, and bad boys are a turn on

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah it can be endearing

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that would be cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I'm socially awkward myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think I could.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I couldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls