I told him i’m going for dinner and he replied ‘enjoy your date ;-)’ What should I respond?

We have only been on one date and he
flaked on the second date. I haven’t heard from him for 3 days and today he’s texting me asking what I am up to tonight and I just said I was going for dinner (I am, with some girlfriends) and he replied enjoy your date 😉

I don’t want to play games or anything but since he’s been so flakey I don’t feel I should reassure him it’s not a date.

What would be a good aloof response?
I responded with three eye roll emoji’s
🙄🙄🙄

28

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If he said that, then it's time you moved on. That's a guy's cue that he's saying 'I'm packing my emotional investment's and I'm outta here.' to you. So that is a jealous response. But look. He flaked on the 2nd date right? You need to make it clear that you aren't here to play games, and if he has an issue about something, then he needs to be honest with you. Get straight to the point. To be aloof with him. It's immaturity and it's too premature of a situation to even be suggesting that. He'll just think something is wrong with you.

• I’ve wanted to call him out on being flakey but I just don’t really know how to say it without sounding needy. I think if he messages me again I will think of something to say.

• But you're the one that's having issues dealing with him regarding him doing stuff like that. At that point is not about his feelings you got to think about what it is that you are looking for in a partner. You got to be intentional with your Pursuits and you got to be serious with it. Otherwise you're going to continue to have this kind of problem.