Is it okay to still care for an ex?

Like not having any romantic feelings , just wishing the best for them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it's okay to care, but don't expect them to care that you care or to acknowledge your caring. You have to be realistic and it's realistic to expect that they might not want any further contact with you. If they do and you can be friends then great. It's all about accepting that it's over. Once you've truly done that then you can be grown up about it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I had some exs never talk to me again and that alright with me

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is okay. You respect him and there is nothing wrong with that

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Nothing Is wrong with that it's perfectly natural especially if it was a meaningful relationship with the said ex. Portions of your heart will always go out to others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it's okay. And you're a great person for doing so!

1|0
    0|0
  • I really do not think this is our choice. Unless a person hurts us in a very bad way we will most likely carry a place in our heart for them for the rest of our lives. They were a very significant part of our life before they became an ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • YES!!!
    My ex and I broke up because we realised it wouldn't work in the long run (after 3 years together). We still talk and I care deeply for her. Occasionally I wonder how all my ex's are doing, even the one who used me because deep down I understand she wasn't a bad person, she just had some issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see a problem as long as you can move on past them while still talking to them me personally I broke up about 2 months ago after my first proper relationship and I still care for her so much but for me it is killing me so to do the best for me I have to stop talking until I have fully move on I know I will always deeply care for her as she was my first true love.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is okay. But unfortunately not all people have a good side.
    When they break up they hold grudge.. it's like common.. we only gonna live once no?
    Life is too short for hate

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure it is. I am still friendly with many of my ex’s and still care about them. That is a sign of being a good person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, just because you break up doesn't mean you stop caring about someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It shows that you respect people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's okay and better than the contrary.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• Of course it's okay. His your ex, you had a relationship, just because you're not together anymore doesn't mean you don't want the best for that person

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah totally

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes