Why does my mom keep telling me it’s okay to cheat?

She says to me “when you’re young and not married to the person, it’s okay to cheat... just don’t tell them”.

This makes me really uncomfortable because I️ am dating someone, and i have been dating him for 1.5 years. I could not imagine cheating on him and being okay with I️t.

1026

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter what your mom is telling you. What matters is that you feel loyalty towards your boyfriend and you have decided that you are not going to cheat. Your mom's opinion should not affect your relationship with your boyfriend whatsoever.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to say but she's not setting up a good example. Maybe she regrets not being able to do wild things when she was young and doesn't want you to regret it also? You should talk to her about it and let her know the advise she's giving you makes you uncomfortable.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE