Why does my mom keep telling me it’s okay to cheat?

She says to me “when you’re young and not married to the person, it’s okay to cheat... just don’t tell them”.

This makes me really uncomfortable because I️ am dating someone, and i have been dating him for 1.5 years. I could not imagine cheating on him and being okay with I️t.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't matter what your mom is telling you. What matters is that you feel loyalty towards your boyfriend and you have decided that you are not going to cheat. Your mom's opinion should not affect your relationship with your boyfriend whatsoever.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to say but she's not setting up a good example. Maybe she regrets not being able to do wild things when she was young and doesn't want you to regret it also? You should talk to her about it and let her know the advise she's giving you makes you uncomfortable.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• "That can be true for you, but it isn't for me. Thank you."

1|3
    0|0
  • Ask her why it's OK to betray someone and break their trust, let alone do it to someone who deeply cares about you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally I talk shit on the internet and say things like fuck ur mom or your mother is a whore or slut although it's not usually true, this is one of those rare occasions where it is true so I'm gonna say it. Your mothers a whore

0|0
    0|0
  • Then dont cheat on him.
    Sounds like your mom is a wh*re.
    Dont be too surprised if it turns out she cheated on your dad.

0|1
    0|0
  • probably cause she´s a cheater xD i think it´s absolutely not ok. and i wouldn´t think otherwise if my parents told me.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is not okay to cheat! That is a terrible thing to say! Don't ever let her convince you other wise!

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell your mom that you don't want your boyfriend to have a similar mentality as yours!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • That's pretty messed up.

It's sounds like she's trying to justify bad behavior to both you and herself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just curious, were your parents married when she got pregnant with you?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes. She was about 32 when she had me.

• I’m sorry. I️ meant 30.

• Well I'd say that your mom is entitled to her own opinion but that doesn't mean you have to share it.

• I hate to break it to you... but your mom is probably a bad person.

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe she thinks its ok from the planet she grew up on, but is that what she did when she was young... mothers dont put their kids at risk of disease

0|0
    0|0
  • She regrets her marriage or that's what she did at your age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess you threw that paper (really hope you get the reference)

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe your mom doesn't like him or maybe she really likes him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your moms a slut she has a point but still a slut

0|2
    0|0
  • Yo mother a hoe

1|0
    0|0
  • She hasn't got morals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your gut is right... never ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like she's done it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she's an insect?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• No, you're mom is just goofy.

0|0
    0|1
  • Probably because she is a cheater and thinks as long as the other person doesn't find out it's somehow okay, which it totally isn't. Don't listen to her about this. Honestly she sounds like a horrible person. That's really just a disgusting way of thinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn’t okay. It violates their trust and demolishes their confidence. Cheating on a person can be really harmful. If you feel like sleeping around, don’t be in a relationship (unless it’s open).

Your mums advice was not okay. It sounds like it’s a tactic she used when she was younger. I’d advise not to follow along :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh god please dont allow this to happen. You have be the loyal one, once you go down path of cheating it is going to get to the point you feel it is okay, when actually it is not at all. Life is already hard enough, and you're trying to find that person to help you through it so the last thing you or they need is to go through the stress and hardship of cheating. Trust me that is one thing you do not want to encounter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because she probably did, or she doesn't like your partner lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is not OK. I been cheated on by my ex boyfriend in the past year. I did found someone new. That relationship end. Then got into a new relationship with different guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well she can tell you that all she wants but your a grown woman. You know your decisions so. Stick with your guns :). Thanks mom! But no thanks xD.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • You're a good girl. Don't listen to your mom (at least regarding this matter).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes