What does an emotional connection mean to a man?

If a man says he feels or doesn’t feel an emotional connection what does it mean?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, is a man saying this after sex or before sex? It makes a difference!

Emotional connections take time, they are not something that happens instantly like the impression of "love at first sight", or realistically sexual attraction at first sight!

When a guy says he does "not feel an emotional connection", for me, that is an excuse to get out of a relationship, which in my book it is better this than finding out he is cheating on you and only using you for a fill in body to have sex with.

Now, to have an emotional connection, I think, you need to be able to bring out the sensitive side of a man, the guy who wants to spend time with you, the guy who will make up an excuse to spend time with you, the guy who is at ease and relaxed and genuinely has a great time with you, you are the best of friends! When it comes to sex, it is a drawn out affair to savor the time with you and to get the most pleasure out of it. That is the "emotional connection"!

5|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually means he's not interested in a relationship

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• It depends on the guy. Some are the farthest thing from emotional and only care about physical aspects, while others can be overly sentimental drama kings. I personally lean more toward the sentimental side so my emotional connection with my girlfriend means the world to me, but I also really love it when I kiss her or hold her in my arms. There's a time for everything in my opinion, but I would say it varies with men the same as it can vary with women.

0|0
    0|0
  • It took years for me to get this to sink in:

Women's lives, as a rule, are driven by emotions.
    Men's lives, as a rule, are driven by logic.

It is amazing we can get along long enough to have sex together lol

1|0
    1|0
  • Free of the doubt of trust. Someone I would trust with everything I am. There's only been one, she's my wife.
    There is also the sense of being protected from ridicule and emotional abuse. When there is a true connection a man doesn't have a concern of being "outed" for who he is or what he likes. Acceptance.

2|0
    0|0
  • Same shit... can't think about anything else, can't wait to get back to her, what can i get her, I should buy this for her,, I can't wait to Make Her Cu% tonight. One exception... you girls are PSYCHO sometimes, and well, you scare me. Don't do that!

1|0
    0|0
    • thats not an exception. guys are psycho a lot of the timer, have you ever dated one?

:D

• If he said he does not feel it with you then either A he just wants to wam bam thank you mam or B just not into you. If he does say there is a connection then A he wants to wam bam thank you mam or B he would genuinely be sad when your sick, hurt, not around, and thinks about you all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simply that. He doesn't see that person as someone he could date. Have sex with? Yeah, most guys are down for that. The bar is set lower there. But my guess would be he doesn't feel he's an equal to her, enough to have a relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Similar to a woman, I'd imagine, but difficult to define and probably subjective.
    They are on the inside of the social firewall, trusted with your inner thoughts and feelings, one of very few significant humans in the world.
    Or have the capacity in my estimation to become so.

0|0
    0|0
  • that he has no particular feelings toward you. attraction is not a feeling to most guys, so it more refers to love, care, instinct to protect, and wanting to be around you rather than if he wants to bust a nut on/inside you ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • If there isn't one it means even though he's either just not interested emotionally (just physically) or not interested in anything romantic or sexual in that woman at all.

Whereas if there is one, then it's the opposite and would be interested in pursuing an actual romantic relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • That there is a click... Zing... Whatever you wanna call it. But turthfully most men feel it right off the bat or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means that he doesn't feel like he wants to date you. Doesn't feel the connection

1|1
    0|0
  • A person Who's down to have sex and I find funny who has the same sense of humor as me... men aren't hard to figure out tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Love. But women can't understand that. Women like cocks.

0|0
    0|1
    • that's actually wrong. not all women like sex, only a select few. some want it whenever, some don't want it till awhile in the relationship, some don't want it till marriage. if anything, it's psychologically proven that men think want genitals 95% more of the time while girls think about genitals 65% more of the time...

• he can easily read you with little to nothing to go on

0|0
    0|0
  • To understand each other even without saying anything !!

0|0
    0|0
  • Same thing it means to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • sounds like bull shit to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • free from harm safe to share themself?

0|1
    0|0
  • how well I know her or how long I've known her for

0|0
    0|0
  • they are not connect with the opposite gender

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes