Is it okay for women to make a move after a couple dates?

I have read some articles online saying that women should not contact a man first. If he is interested, he will contact you but what if he thinks that you are not interested in him because you never initiate to contact him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I make you right, message him to see where you stand,
    I've always said if you want something you have to go and get it

1|0
    0|0
    • Do I need to play game to keep him interested? don’t answer text or call right away, blah blah blah

• I find game playing annoying

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes, if you want things done, then you got to do them yourself. I never would've found out that one guy had interest in me if I didn't contact him, telling him that I liked him before. Being clueless, I learned my lesson. I'm telling you that making a move isn't bad.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I think you should follow your heart and not care what articles say. Who's writes the article, what's their relationships like, can they hold one, or even want one? These are things u need to ask yourself. Everyone is different and so u can't just say this is how things work and this is what u need to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's bull. You should if you want to. It's stressful to always have to go and plan the dates and do all the work. I imagine this is why few women ask men out. It's much nicer to just show and have someone pay for a fun evening

1|2
    0|0
  • Women should contact first after a few dates, but the guy should be the one to plan the dates. Once you are item, as in committed, then it should be about equal.

If a guy over pursues in the beginning, he risks coming off clingy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think both the girl and the guy should initiate things. It shouldn't be just the guy all the time. Girls can (and should) ask guys out and feel free to make contact.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever wrote that article is either lying or mistaken-I'd be thrilled to know a girl was interested and took the initiative to make the first move, it also takes a lot of the pressure off.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're interested, then make contact, those articles are rubbish

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course its okay. If you like someone let them know, us men don't like playing games

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it ok. Honestly, I don't think I'd even consider someone if I always have to initiate the conversation

0|0
    0|0
  • Those articles are completely wrong. Women are the gender most prone to get scared, so it's better if they are the ones contacting.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your interested make contact. We men like feeling wanted and attractive as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • In this age, it's a two way street.. Really, & I'm far from blind so I'll speak , yet at times my tunnel vision might be an issue in noticing you

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course it's OK. Why continue to stigmatise women making advances on men?

0|0
    0|0
  • Couple of dates, first date. The answer is YES. I can't tell flirting worth a hill of beans.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer it that way. lol because I'm shy and I want to know that she is ready

0|0
    0|0
  • You should contact him you have a right to now whats going on

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah if a girl never initiated it would make me think that she's not interested in me

0|0
    0|0
  • In this day and age.. Yes

2|0
    0|0
  • It’s definitely okay for women to make a move.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes
    I'm just adding words

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes or I would have never dated

0|0
    0|0
    • It doesn’t seem needy right? He’s a bit older so I’m not sure if it will be too pushy. Mostly he is the one who initiate to contact but sometimes he just not contact me or maybe he’s busy

• Not at all, go for it

• Okay, thanks :)

What Girls Said 7

• I am a firm believer that men should take lead. After initial contact he has made a female is free to take lead after... it’s really weird how traditional I am in certain areas, but I think men know what they want. If they aren’t contacting you they don’t want you. Don’t embarrass yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate the games... if you want to spend time with a guy, nothing wrong to call him and invite him to spend time with you !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend finds women making the move really unattractive, he had a woman walk up and shove her tongue down his throat at a bar once and still thinks it was one of the grossest things to ever happen to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not.
    Make the first move.
    Make the second move.
    Make any move.

1|2
    0|0
  • ignore those articles, just be a human being. the right human will come along. you dont want a guy from those articles.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those articles are the exact reason that a 32 year old woman is asking this question instead of being married with 2 kids.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well the 32 years old that just got off from bs boyfriend after a long relationship, Is it something wrong? I also have friends are same ages or older that still single

• Go for it! If you’re into him make a move

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes