Why is moving out so important?

I have a good relationship with my mom and sis. My brother keeps forcing me to move out and gain 'life experience' as it is more important. And when i say no he makes me feel guilty and stupid. Why would i move out from a stable home? im 21 by the way and he is 33 living on his own

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I still live with my parents.

The most important reason that moving out is so important is that you get to learn to be an independent person.

But in defense of staying in with parents (*tee hee), I want to take granted my parents resources as much as possible so that I can be prepared as much as possible. The economy right now is unlike anything, compared to the Boomer era

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm AGAINST moving out. It's corporate culture BS designed to get more people to pay rent and to keep the poor, poor. It's a waste of good savings I would say.
    However, I do advise you to try living independantly ONLY on a temporary basis between 3-6 months. Because you need to distance yourself from the constant influence of your loved ones in order to get a clear view of your own personal preferences. Also, you will realize some seemingly simple, but not so simply understandable truths about life that will help you make better life decisions for your future.

• That would mean she would have to pay her husband won bills, buy her own groceries, pay her share of the bills at home etc. She would get a better feel of life moved out. She would be responsible for the rent, the home is kept clean herself, does her own laundry, would have to pay rent or get evicted.