Should I go on a second date with this girl I met online?

I invited a girl I met online to go ice skating and grab some food, and she showed up wearing a full snowboard outfit, like head to toe. It was night but it wasn't even that cold out, like 50 degrees.

We skated under the stars, went out for dinner and actually had a really nice chat. I didn't mention her outfit, and just kinda acted normal. I did find her cute, should I go out again or is that a red flag?

3|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Who the heck cares if she wears an odd outfit on a date. Obviously clothes are very important to you for whatever reason but go on a second date indoors and then decide. The cute outfits most of us wear skating leave us freezing our asses off and she probably just wanted to make sure she was for sure going to be warm. It’s also possible that this was her first time skating and thought that snow pants were appropriate. This definitely isn’t a red flag for future dates though so if you like HER then go out again and decide if she’s worth seeing based on what she actually looks look and who she is not her clothing choices on ONE date.

2|3
    0|0
    • Yeah I agree unless she was wearing something ridiculous like a clown costume

• Show All
    • Like she was probably embarrassed that she wore too much so she just committed

• Even after every opinion on here is telling you that it isn’t a big deal you’re still stuck believing it’s a red flag though so if you’re really going to be that judgmental she deserves better anyways. Like yeah maybe she is weird but it’s impossible to know that yet so why are you judging her so harshly

Most Helpful Guy

• She thought she’d be cold, and you think that’s a red flag? I’d focus more on her personality. Was she a good person otherwise and did you have fun? If so, second date.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah even if it was cold, isn't that an odd outfit to wear on a date? It's definitely unusual, but I'm wondering if that's a red flag for future dates?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• If the date went well and you like her , then meet up with her again. Give her a chance

It would only be a red flag if she turned up in a "snowboard suit " during a heatwave in the middle of summer 😜

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah the date did go really well I just was a little weirded out by her outfit. That's a strange thing for an adult to wear for any date right? Even if it's cold out?

• @Asker No..

• she was padded for cold a falling, prepared-its smart. 50 degrees can get cold on ice, maybe youd skate all nigh- plus whether changes... dating is getting to know each other, why does her clothing matter.

1|0
    0|0
    • We did say we would grab dinner afterwards. I did have a fun time with her, but I just thought that outfit was rather unusual. Like, even if it was cold outside, wouldn't that outfit be strange for a date? Not a red flag?

• Show All
    • lol, she was definitely not trying to sell sex lol... but have you ever wore snow pants and jacket before? How did she not overheat lol? Is she an alien?

• i have when i was north and i was going to be walking around for a long time, or when skiing. i dont like carrying layers or taking things on and off so i might even leave it on inside if im not there too long.

• Dang! I want someone to take me skating under the stars lol I wouldn’t worry about her clothes. Maybe she thought the ice would be cold. Extra padding underneath if she fell maybe?

1|1
    0|0
    • Lol, it was actually quite a nice date! But are you sure that outfit isn't a little odd? I mean it's unusual even if it was really cold outside (and it wasn't), so I'm wondering if that would be some kind of red flag for future dates? She actually looked really cute though, she had a hat and mittens and everything lol

• Show All
    • She was maybe 5'5? She was Chinese, does that matter? Lol :P

• I don't know what you and your climate is or what china’s climate is lol google the weather compared to where she’s from to where you are from. Ooooorrrrrrrrr just ask her on a second date silly! She’s probably waiting on a phone call or text and you’re on here worried about her clothing! lol

• She might have just never gone skating before and not known how to dress for it, if you had fun and like her I would give her a second chance

2|0
    0|0
    • That is definitely a possibility, but even then knowing we had dinner afterwards, wouldn't she not want to dress that crazy warm?

• maybe but if she was havign fun don't worry about it

• Yes, go ahead and invite her for another date. She dressed for the cold anyways. If she came in heels and a mini-skirt, that would've been weird lol😆

1|1
    0|0
    • lol, agreed. But I mean, isn't that an odd outfit for a date even if it was cold (it wasn't actually that cold out), and I did say let's grab dinner afterwards... I just wonder if that's a red flag, she's 22... snow pants on a date lol... but we did have a great chat... hmmm?

• Maybe she didn't see it as a date. Go out another time to cut the doubt. If you see something weird, or if she shows up in some snow outfit, then you'll be sure.

I am saying so in case you had a good time, which is the most important thing.

• If the date went well and you're interested in her, why not?
    Why would it be a red flag if she wore that? Lmao

1|0
    0|0
    • Ummm even if it was cold outside, have you seen someone dressed in snow gear go on a date before? Like full on snow pants and jacket... that's not a red flag? We did have a good time, but you have to admit that's a bit odd

• That means you only care what a girl wears to dates.. thats fucked up bro. Maybe she doesn't have good sense of style? Geez

• I'm surprised you didn't ask her if she was cold. She could have a cold intolerance which is common in women or maybe she thought it would be much colder than what it was. If it was summer time and she wore that I would be worried, but it being cooler I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • No but just tell her the occasion and where you’re going to take her so she doesn’t wear the wrong thing.

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't think it matters what she was wearing, if you both had a good time and like each other go out again

0|0
    0|0
  • It's no big deal. That sounds like a good date. Go out with her again.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no harm in trying! Hahahaha

0|2
    0|0
  • Out of curiosity... did she wear this all night?

0|0
    0|0
    • She took off her jacket/hat/mittens over dinner, but left her snow pants on. Under she still had 2 layers lol, a turtleneck and a hoodie. It looked cute, but isn't that a bit strange for an adult? Is that a red flag?

• So long as you had a good time I would ask her out again

• Your date went well right? And you enjoyed yourself? I say yes you should go on another date, maybe she felt safer and more protected with the big suit because you can get nasty bruises from ice skating haha

1|1
    0|0
    • lol, maybe! Yeah I think we both had a good time to be honest. And neither of us fell :)

But have you wore snow pants indoors before? She kept them on all dinner, I've never worn them inside but I would imagine she would overheat? But she seemed fine... could something be up with her?

• Show All
    • No just a little place nearby, does that make a difference?

• I'm guessing she might've felt more protected wearing the thick clothing because some people can be very cautious when it comes to ice skating and she had forgotten to bring a change of clothes with her, don't overthink it, you guys had fun and seem to like each other so 😋

What Guys Said 15

• It is odd but I would not jump to any conclusions. Ask her for a second date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course you should go on a second date it isn't all about the outfit, perhaps she is someone who feels the cold more than others and was just worried about that with the ice skating

0|0
    0|0
  • Is she from this site? There’s a girl who asks anon questions about wearing 4 layers as soon as September hits.

I don’t wear an actual winter coat till it hits about 10 Fahrenheit lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shorty came at you with the omish approach you don't even see ankle skin xD lol nahh but give it a shot you never know the harder you gotta work for a chick usually tends to be a funner relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • If you notice any unexpected thing while chat or while meeting than it will be red flag, otherwise go ahead.. :) date her and be confirm she is perfect for you. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • You said she's chinese. That explains it. Asians are more practical than showy.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're fine Do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Try again, inside somewhere

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like a nice date. Go for it again

0|0
    0|0
  • who cares what she wore?

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha that sounds so goofy. I would say yes but don't mention it unless she does that again and then just ask her if she's sensitive to cold or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • She is probably one of those girls that can’t take the cold or feels more secure wearing a lot of clothes but I would give her another chance if the date went well otherwise

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl on here mentioned havning a fetish of wearing clothes that were too warm for the environment...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes