Is it ok to get him a Christmas present?

So I've been seeing a guy for nearly 4 months. We've acknowledged we both have feelings and have agreed it's more than just sex. But nothing official due to outside complications.

Is it weird to get him a im a Christmas present? Is that going to freak him out?

I've bought him a metal dog tag keyring with "More than a fuck! x" inscribed on it. And he runs marathons so some running healing salve stuff called "under the belt". I thought both were funny and flirty enough to not be too serious. Didn't cost much either.

And if its ok, how do I make sure he knows I genuinely don't want or expect anything back?

12