Why so many guys have so low standards?

When asked about my standards i answer without much thought and most of the time the person who asked gets mad and offended and claims my standards are out of this world and no girl is like that... while in fact all iam asking for is a decent girl with a personality like mine, and honestly i literally dont care what anyone thinks i do what i want i dont let others decide who should i date.

but it really suprirses me how a lot of men have standards so low its laughable , some just ask for two things : she has to be a female and like me...

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know... but it bugs the crap out of me, as a girl. so many low standards that it is difficult to find a guy with higher standards

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • i can second that, people nowdays have standards so low its making everyone not care about being decent since they will find someone anyways cause eveyone has good standards, but i refuse to play that game , iam not built like that my personality way too different for that kind of life style.

• Thanks for the MHO and for being a decent person!

Most Helpful Guy

• I have high standard but only in regards as to what I like. I actively crush on maybe 1 or 2 people a year.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • same here, i only considered dating like 4 girls in college out of over 10k

• Yea but like my standards from am outside perspective look really weird. My first girlfriend was a solid 8, second 8, third 4, forth 4, then 8. I like specific people for different reasons. They share some things in common but outside looking in I could see why people may think I have low standards some times

• Loooks wise every girl i liked who liked me turned out to be hot my ex was around 7 and other girls i wanted to date were easily 8+ but it didn't work out as intended... but i also want a decent personality