Guys, why are they doing this to me?

I share a small group of friends with a man. We all talk about love and dating and so on, I mention how I’d like a boyfriend. Out of nowhere, the girls start asking me why not Tom? And I laugh it off, not to hurt anyone’s feelings. But one day they cornered me and said they’d even make it a group date so no one is nervous (we are all 25+ by the way) and we do have other single men in the hangouts. That day he said “guys, she’s not interested.” Then a few days go by. I tease him a lot in a friendly way, and apparently there’s something between us that I’m not seeing. One day I run into him waiting for the bus, and one of our friends saw us from across the street. She took a pic of us, he yelled from across the street to send it to him. She posts it in a Facebook group message and everyone says how awesome a couple we look. This aggression is getting to be a bit much for me. Do you think he’s saying something to them, asking them to do this? Now I can’t tease him anymore without them thinking I’m flirting. I swear on everything that if you saw this, you would NOT think it was.

4

Most Helpful Guy

• I don’t know. I definitely don’t like being set up. It’s awkward lol. But y’all are friends, so it must be very different lol. I don’t think he’s doing it, asking them. They are doing it I’m sure. Maybe he has a crush and they have taken it upon themselves to “ship” you two. The guy doesn’t want them to do that, it makes things weird and awkward.

• I asked them and they said they just want to help, they deny him telling them anything. The thing is, he isn’t telling them to stop. He lets them do it every time. He doesn’t respond to
      It at all; be it in person or in a group chat. I’m saying stop or knock it off, or I’m just playing with him... he doesn’t say a word.