Guys, How long should I wait for my boyfriend to propose?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are certain he's the one for you, then you should wait as long as it takes. I feel like you could definitely let him know that you're ready (not just hint, straight up tell him) and hear each other's opinions out. Then you can decide together when the best time would be.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• hahahaha... if he's smart... for fucking ever. I hope he doesn't. Thats a pot of stew he (or you) don't wanna climb into.

0|0
    1|0
    • lol ok fuck you

• Show All
    • lmfao who do you think you are first of all to be talking to me like that you miserable misogynist prick? second, im 100% ready that wasn't my question here. you dont need to preach me on YOUR beliefs of marriage. I only askedd a simple question. im entitled to my beliefs as well so if you're only here to talk shit, step off thank you :)

• seems like the others didn't do a good enough job. Misogynist? wow... big word... go fuck yourself with that shit. Im only real here baby. and i only asked a question, i Never categorized you in any way. Thanks for attacking me though.

Now... tell me about your beliefs of marriage... what do you think happens after that day that you get your little dress, that nice ring, and you walk down some aisle... what do you think happens after? Please... educate me.

• If he's really the one for you, why don't you ask him? This is the twenty-first century. Women can ask men to marry them.

0|1
    1|0
    • im old school and so is he so no

• Well, then... don't expect him to propose tomorrow.

• well what you want me to do? ask him to propose? LOLL

• If he's going through a transitional period, cut him some slack. Otherwise, if you think you're both ready, I think you should propose, or at least talk to him about the prospect of getting married; set a specific time table if need be.

If you want things to go in an unrealisticly romantic way, then you might be setting yourself up for disappointment for no good reason. Maybe I'm not being very culturally sensitive. I know some people put a lot of emphasis on the proposal as a ritual: the guy getting down on one knee, presenting a ring, and popping the question. Bah! Humbug!

The issue is, let's say you decided to wait 6 month, what are you going to do at the end of that time if he doesn't propose? Are you going to do something like break up with him?

Anyway, just use your best judgement, and deal with the consequences. I sincerely wish you a happy life regardless of what happens.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for the advice! :)

• Until you're tired of waiting. I sound like I'm being sarcastic but I'm being serious. you really don't want him to feel pressured into it. if he decides to get married before he's ready he is likely to end up resenting you and I doubt either of you deserve that. Just enjoy being young and together. marriage is a lot of work and isn't as magical as people think. Just take it slow and enjoy each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • 60 years. Seriously though, it's entirely up to you. I advise you to talk to him and see what his plans are. Is he thinking about marriage? If so, when could he see that happening? Etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • depending on how ur relationship is going if its been going really well for like id say a minimum of 4 years then he's probably started thinking about it but if its been going a bit iffy for the same amount of time he's probably unsure and dw about it to much causs u can always propose and once ur married thats it the build up is much more exciting

0|0
    0|0
  • The question is. Does he really want to marry you? And you him. Or are you just wanting to rush in marriage because you don't know how your life should move forward and this is what you know? Wait as long as it take for both of you to know. And it's not a conversation you can have together.

0|0
    0|0
    • how can i find out if he really wants to marry me? and no its not a scenario about rushing into marriage but im not a fan of wasting my time

• Show All
    • very true.. thanks for the opinion i appreciate it! :)

• Just be sure and don't rush things. You don't want to be 36 with 3 kids and single it's a lonely road.

• You should find out if he intends to propose. He may still have doubts about your relationship

1|0
    0|0
    • i should straight up ask him?

• Depends on the guy. But don't break up with him or get mad at him just because he hasn't proposed, that's just dumb.

0|0
    0|0
    • okay, well its only been 6 months anyway! lol but im seriously considering the long run with him

• The important thing is to be rational. Just because he isn't proposing doesn't mean he doesn't love you or doesn't want to get married. There are a lot of factors to consider.

• yeah, well sooner or later ill ask him what he wants for us cause i know he loves me very much and wants me to be his future

• If u luv truly no need to wait u can directly propose him if u r looking for luv leave ego n gender bias then only relationship works if not ur relationship won't work out

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is smart he would not propose in the first place.

0|0
    1|0
  • it literally took me approximately 13 years to get thr courage to ask that question.. sooo whats that say

0|0
    0|0
  • However long you want. Why are you asking us? Like, how long feels right to you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Till you die😄😅

0|0
    1|0
  • A year or so

1|0
    0|0
  • You should wait forever

0|0
    1|0
  • 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

0|0
    1|0
  • How long you been dating?

0|0
    0|0
  • Am just single

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your age?,

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont

0|0
    0|0
  • as long as you can tolerate it. also, try leaving little clues around, like wedding magazines etc..

1|0
    0|0
  • And you can't propose because

0|0
    0|0
    • Its not in my beliefs to propose im old fashioned like that haha

• Well then don't wait

• I thought girls were proposing now? Feminism and such.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes