Does anyone else low-key not care about sex?

Like if you had the choice of getting laid or having an emotional connection with someone, would anyone else prefer the emotional connection?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Isn't emotional connection without sex just a friendship? I am very much emotionally connected to few people (including my best male friend) but I'm not attracted to them and would never have sex with them. Sex is very important to me, but I'm fine having it without emotional connection, because I already have emotional connection with other people and I'm not emotionally needy. For me, emotional connection with a guy I'm having sex with is just a plus, it means I would consider him for a relationship. If not then he's just a fuck buddy and I'm okay with that until I find someone who's a full package.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm low-key. With a strong emotional connection, I'm sure I could handle a relationship without sex.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah see that's where you and I differ. If I have a strong emotional connection with a woman I start to crave her physically. But I kinda need that connection. I don't like hook ups because the last thing I want is to be some chick's regret the next morning. With all the sexual assault allegations being thrown around I was too scared to do drunk hook ups in college.

• No matter how strong a desire becomes, it is never promoted as a need.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• I want to be loved. I want someone to tell me they can't live without my smart mouth and sarcasm and that I'm beautiful inside and out. That is way more important to me than sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like both simultaenously, you can share that moment with someone you have a connection with and it’ll feel good

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotional connection. My sex drive isn't that high anyways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id prefer none of that shit thnx

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I can't live with both

0|0
    0|0
  • Terrified to have sex...

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't be! Sex, with the right person anyway, is one of the most natural feeling things in the world. It just feels right. Something about the way he caresses and kisses you will make you feel so protected that you'll want to give yourself to him. That's a thing of beauty. But that's why the emotions are so important.

• Can’t wait! 😊 still terrified though... 🤷🏻‍♀️ just not a lot of dating experience and afraid to get pregnant.

• The whole getting pregnant thing is actually harder than it sounds. Just make your guy wear a condom and you'll pretty much be golden. Unprotected sex is nice but at the end of the day your comfort and safety is more important than his pleasure.

• Emotional. Id rather actually love someone

0|0
    0|0
  • I would rather have an emotional connection

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer emotional connection.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm AS

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not like I don't want/enjoy sex... I just don't really care about it that much.

What Guys Said 8

• Sometimes I think about it and I don’t really care much about it either... I’d much rather have a girlfriend who’s my best friend forever and we kiss and cuddle occasionally lol doesn’t have to be sex

1|0
    0|0
  • I find it difficult to separate an "emotional connection" or a connection of any kind from a feeling of attraction in the case of a female. But sex with no real connection, no intimacy, is of very low value in my opinion so yes if I could have just any kind of connection or intimacy with a woman it would be better. I just can't really imagine how it would work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup... i dont care much about sex... thats easy. but being able to relate... hard as shit. everyone just seems so set in their own ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex without emotional connection is like apple pie without whip cream.

Good but could be better

0|0
    0|0
  • After you have a ton of sex and you get bored of it yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely me, I'm an emotional guy which kinda turns people off 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex would be nice, but I'd be perfectly fine with only an emotional connection.

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotional connection and sex are the same thing

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes