Have you ever been stood up for a date?

So last night I was supposed to go out with a friend/ex. We dated when we were younger on and off for about 3 years. He basically told me to pack a bag and that we were going to see a comedy show and dinner. Those plans bombed because he waited until the day of to book the room and the prices jumped. So we nixed that plan and just decided to go bowling. He tells me he's on his way and disappears for 2 hours. Doesn't answer my calls or texts. Nothing. I was equal parts worried and pissed tf off. I left a message saying just that and told him to let me know he was ok, put pjs on and ate some spaghetti. He finally called and gave me some bullshit excuse about his phone being on the charger and not getting my calls. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

What are y'alls experiences with this?
  • Yes
  • No

1319

Most Helpful Guy

• Sort of. In high school, I had girls flirting with me. I wouldn't get the joke, and I'd think they were interested, and plan something with the girl. Then she'd not show.

I've had more business meetings that were "no shows" (several this year, in fact) or hangouts with "friends" that were no shows, as opposed to dates, though that's probably because I rarely bother to ask women out any more.

If I do ask, the girls are usually pretty rude about it, so no plans are made (obviously).

In high school, yes, I had a few of those where they had no intention of showing up and thought it'd be funny for me to wait. But after high school, I don't think I've been "stood up" for an actual date more than once.

Most Helpful Girl

• I got stood up like once. It was Des #2 (my ex is Des #1 and im dating Des #3) but anyways, he was GORGEOUS! Looked like a model... mixed, 6โ€™4, lovely smile. He was so sweet but kept callin me his boo thang (claiming it was a term you call a potential gf). So we started talkin online Dec 2013 and was supposed to meet Jan 2014. He told me around Christmas his phone may get turned off cause he couldn't afford the bill but he had Skype on his phone so i assumed heโ€™d stay in touch by wifi or sumn. Basically, Christmas Eve was like the last time i heard from him until March. He texts me sayin his phone has been off. I don't know, but two months seemed too long to me. So i ignored his message and never replied. But damn he was a fine 9/10. I wanted to text back so bad but i ain't wanna look weak. So yea never heard from him again

• Lol you and your mixed guys

• Lol believe it or not, its not that many haha. There was mixed/italian John with the green eyes, Des #2 and #3, and Bo. Thats about the only mixed guys there were haha