Have you ever been stood up for a date?

So last night I was supposed to go out with a friend/ex. We dated when we were younger on and off for about 3 years. He basically told me to pack a bag and that we were going to see a comedy show and dinner. Those plans bombed because he waited until the day of to book the room and the prices jumped. So we nixed that plan and just decided to go bowling. He tells me he's on his way and disappears for 2 hours. Doesn't answer my calls or texts. Nothing. I was equal parts worried and pissed tf off. I left a message saying just that and told him to let me know he was ok, put pjs on and ate some spaghetti. He finally called and gave me some bullshit excuse about his phone being on the charger and not getting my calls. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

What are y'alls experiences with this?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Sort of. In high school, I had girls flirting with me. I wouldn't get the joke, and I'd think they were interested, and plan something with the girl. Then she'd not show.

I've had more business meetings that were "no shows" (several this year, in fact) or hangouts with "friends" that were no shows, as opposed to dates, though that's probably because I rarely bother to ask women out any more.

If I do ask, the girls are usually pretty rude about it, so no plans are made (obviously).

In high school, yes, I had a few of those where they had no intention of showing up and thought it'd be funny for me to wait. But after high school, I don't think I've been "stood up" for an actual date more than once.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I got stood up like once. It was Des #2 (my ex is Des #1 and im dating Des #3) but anyways, he was GORGEOUS! Looked like a model... mixed, 6โ€™4, lovely smile. He was so sweet but kept callin me his boo thang (claiming it was a term you call a potential gf). So we started talkin online Dec 2013 and was supposed to meet Jan 2014. He told me around Christmas his phone may get turned off cause he couldn't afford the bill but he had Skype on his phone so i assumed heโ€™d stay in touch by wifi or sumn. Basically, Christmas Eve was like the last time i heard from him until March. He texts me sayin his phone has been off. I don't know, but two months seemed too long to me. So i ignored his message and never replied. But damn he was a fine 9/10. I wanted to text back so bad but i ain't wanna look weak. So yea never heard from him again

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol you and your mixed guys

• Lol believe it or not, its not that many haha. There was mixed/italian John with the green eyes, Des #2 and #3, and Bo. Thats about the only mixed guys there were haha

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• My last iphone was pants so had to charge it all the time!.. But also would help if you cleared the air just ask him straight how your feeling mebtion you get doubts hopefully he won't take it the wrong way and being like this with each other will carry on to be a usual thing of questioning more out of ibterest than being a nosey parker

1|0
    0|0
    • I told him that night that I thought the phone on the charger was bullshit. He said he wasn't lying and that it was in the charger and that his watch wasn't sending calls through. But then he also said he was outside talking to a friend. So there's that.

• Hmmm.. Has a watch aswell.. Just keeo it in mind about his watch and an eye!..

• I haven't really. Tho this one girl who promised that she wanted to go out with me, suddenly became ill right after we quickly met up on our way to each other's work (just so happened that our transportation routes aligned). She ghosted me, I'm sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've gotten stood up before. I established a two strike rule. Once I'd sort of understand, Things do come up. Second, I don't care what the reason, her mother could be on her death bed, it's over and I treat them
    like shit from then on. 4 billion women in the world suggests to me that
    they can call be replaced.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dont know if it would be considered being stood up but I once picked up a girl for a date and during our initial convo jokingly I said "if you're in this for money you'd be better off going back inside". She opened the door and told me get a better job.

1|0
    0|0
  • you're hot, he must have revenge thing going on for you, that's why.

3|1
    0|0
  • never really happened because I make sure not to associate with people that even give me the slightest clue of this type of behaviour...

I guess it all comes down to being aware of your surroundings... im sure he probably gave some type of clue that you might of missed about this strange odd behaviour

I mean who does that with a friend... that's clearly not a friend
    time to reassess what a friend really means I say...

1|0
    0|0
  • None that I can remember... probably cuz i just cut em off and deleted their memory.

0|1
    0|0
    • None that I can remember... probably cuz I was the one standing people up*

There, fixed it for you bud ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ

• damn... i see my edit didn't fool you huh.
      At least i have the decency to let em know that i can't make it...

• Suuuuure thing mate.

• Yes, this girl was once so hot for me, that she did everything she could to get with me. Then when I gave in, she didn't show up. Made me feel so bad, I didn't date for 2yrs.

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually just get fake yes answers from the girls I ask out but they never actually agree to a date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i hate when someone makes plans for date than changes their mind yes i know the feeling it really sucks.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and I never spoke to her again. I changed her name on my phone to "Don't Answer".

2|0
    0|0
  • not on a date but I get a little pissed at people who keep me waiting on a meeting. I distance myself from those

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't waiting on people either.

• I can remember I once waited 1 hour outdoors in the cold (snow cold) to see an old friend.

I don't have contact with people I knew back then, they just remind you of what you did wrong

• That's an interesting way to look at it.

• Story of my life, I'm ready for a relationship. I meet a girl, agree a location and date, and they always bail. It's so annoying. I've given up hope now

1|0
    0|0
  • Never happened to me. But also don't really get asked out very often, since I'm a guy.

1|0
    0|0
  • everyone has been stood up, one time or another,
    not a biggie

0|0
    0|0
  • many times!

1|0
    0|0
  • As usual it happens to all sincere ones

2|0
    0|0
  • nope

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• Iโ€™ve never actually been stood up. Iโ€™ve had maybe one or two guys not wanna see me again after the first date but I cannot recall any of them not showing up.

1|0
    0|1
  • One "Blind Date" But only Because it was a Legit reason of us "Missing one another at his job in the City."
    However, With Seeing your own from my Own Home, Scenario, I believe, He was Getting and had Been Getting... Cold Duck Feet, This Dick. He is having Second thoughts.
    This should Tell you that if it didn't Work out in the Past, The Present will be no Blast.
    Good Luck, Char. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • I was supposed to meet up with a guy at the beach and that didnโ€™t work out, so I went to the beach by myself, continued to go back to my dorm, put on a pretty dress and do my hair and shit, went to red lobster, and went to see a movie. I called it my โ€œdate with myselfโ€

2|0
    0|0
  • I understand your frustration completely seeing as its happened to me three times by the same guy. A guy is only going to make time for someone he wants to spend time with and he damn sure wouldn't come up wit excuse kick em to the curb love โค๏ธ deserve better

1|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™m honestly too new and cautious in the dating scene to have experienced that but he seems like trash. Throw the whole dude away

2|0
    0|0
  • Hell naw. I'll be damned. I would be so furious. I'd find someone else to hang with so it won't be time wasted.

1|0
    0|0
  • On and off for 3 year!! Girl! You have to stop at some point and think, maybe he not the one. Like literally no point in dealing with toxic or nut case people. What keeps make u go back?

0|0
    1|0
    • I was with him WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. We haven't been together in over 8 years. We're friends. He told me that he still has romantic feelings and asked me on a date.

• Show All
    • You're saying keep going back. Understand that the last time we were in a relationship we were 20 years old. We were friends before anything else and we stayed friends. And like I already stated, he expressed feelings and I decided to go on a date with him. The end.

• Fine. I'll let go. You should at least think about it.

• Yes my first date. The guy never showed up and we never talked again

1|0
    0|0
  • It has happened to me before. It is one reason why I am afraid open up to trust ๐Ÿ˜‘

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes more then once it has happened.

1|0
    0|0
  • No l haven't

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes