What is the best way to tell your significant other that you do not like the way they dress?

This guy is absolutely the sweetest. However, he is always wearing this printed sweater-shirt with a hood on it. It's pretty much an eyesore, plus he is always freezing--I can see him shivering! This is his go-to look, and it's pretty awful considering that he has some really nice clothes & jackets that he never wears. What's the best way to approach this situation?
  • Burn the shirt OR Talk about it
  • Back down, it's not up to you

2952

Most Helpful Guy

• No need to begin with being critical. Tell him, "I know that sweater short is comfortable but I don;t think it is very flattering for you and you are too cute to be wearing clothes that detract from your appearance. Would you be willing to try a few outfits that I pick out for you?"

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ooh i like how u said this

• Lol i think its too late for me haha. Read below

• This is spot-on. Such a sweet way to tell him that. He won’t even get mad at you don’t worry

Most Helpful Girl

• Buy him some stuff you like. When you go out on dates etc insist he doesn’t wear the crappy stuff. But let him wear it on his own time. Help him coordinate if you need to cuz some guys just dgaf and wouldn’t know what to do even if they did. Reward him like a puppy when he does well, in ways that let him know you really prefer that look. Ignore him when he wears the other shit. Keep a spray bottle handy so if he tries to make a move on you spray him in the face if he’s wearing the shitty stuff.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • that was tried on me. It don't work I thought she was trying to control me and change me. So I broke it off with her.

• Praise him often when he wears what you like.